55 ¦ Peace and Love

Dolores POV

After having to stay in the hospital for one night for monitoring, I have already been discharged today.

"You really don't have to carry me around, I have two healthy legs," I say with a soft laugh as Sunghoon carries me from his car to the front door. Only once there does he set me back down on the ground to reach into his pocket and pull out his key.

"And a bruised hip," Sunghoon reminds me. "Plus, the gynecologist said you need to take extra care of yourself for the next few days and weeks." It's touching to see how much he cares for me. I'm really glad to have him. "You're sweet."

Confused, Sunghoon raises his eyebrows before his lips form into a smile. Gently, he runs his thumb over my lips before placing a kiss on them. "You're sweeter," he replies. I roll my eyes but can't help but grin as Sunghoon unlocks the front door and we walk inside.

Exhausted, I slip my shoes off my feet and want to follow him into the living room, but he doesn't think to let me walk even a meter by myself. Before I know it, he's already reaching under my knees and shoulders and lifting me off the floor.

Laughing, I wrap my arms around his neck and lean my head against his shoulder. Sunghoon enters the living room with me, where he stops abruptly. His laughter dies away. I lift my head and follow the gaze of his brown eyes.

Leela...

She rises from the large, black leather sofa. Our eyes meet. "I'm sorry for showing up here unannounced," Leela murmurs. She looks unsettled. Her eyes keep darting back and forth between Sunghoon, who has by now set me down on the floor, and me.

"I want to talk to you," she continues directly, addressing her words directly to me. "Shall I leave you alone?", Sunghoon wants to know and looks questioningly back and forth between Leela and me.

Silently, I lower my gaze. The argument with Leela has kept me up all night. "I can go too," Leela says hurriedly when I don't reply and reaches for her bag lying on the floor. "No," I say hurriedly, shaking my head.

When Sunghoon told me yesterday that Leela had already gone home, I was very disappointed. Of course, I want nothing more than to have the people who mean the most to me stand behind me. But I also have to accept if someone is still having a hard time at first.

"Stay" Sunghoon puts his hand on my shoulder. "I'll leave you two alone" he says addressing both of us and breathes a kiss on my forehead before leaving the living room, leaving me alone with my best friend.

I slowly approach the black sofa and sink down onto it. Leela follows my lead. We both remain silent for a moment before Leela audibly clears her throat. "I'm sorry, Dolores," she affirms immediately and lowers her eyes, shaking her head. "I just don't know what got into me yesterday."

"You were just being honest," I retort. I can't stay mad at Leela for long. After all, she's still my best friend. If she's not honest with me, who else is?

"Still, I could have been happy for you. You're happy and that's all that should matter," Leela tells me. Pondering, she tilts her head a little to the left. "Sunghoon loves you to death, I realized that yesterday. And I think you two are really going to make an amazing team."

A smile creeps onto my lips and the next moment Leela and I are already in each other's arms. "Thank you Lee," I whisper, feeling the weight lift from my heart as Leela gently strokes my back.

"Can I see the picture again?" she asks as we break free from our embrace after a few minutes. I immediately pull the ultrasound picture out of my pocket and hand it to her, who looks at it with a smile.

"Somehow I can hardly believe that this baby is growing in your belly," she confesses to me and takes a look at my belly, where nothing has happened yet. The embryo is still much too small for that. "Me neither," I confess to her.

For me, all this still feels like a dream, it's so unreal and at the same time it's everything I've ever dreamed of. She is still looking at the ultrasound picture and tracing the little shadow with her thumb.

"What gender do you think it will be?", Leela asks at one point. Of course, it's way too early to tell the gender. Still, I have a feeling it may be a boy. "I don't know... Maybe a boy," I reply thoughtfully. "Why?"

Leela shrugs. "Just because," she replies with a smile, handing me back the ultrasound picture. For quite a while, Leela and I remain sitting on the sofa in Sunghoon's living room, talking about all sorts of things.

Time flies and when Leela finally has to leave, I accompany her to the front door where we hug each other goodbye. I look after her until she is out of sight before I close the front door again.

"Is everything all right between you two again?" Sunghoon asks, who has just come down the stairs and stopped immediately in front of me. I nod.

"You seem very broken," he now changes the subject and wraps his arm around my waist to pull me against his body. I place my hands against his chest and tilt my head a little to look up at my fiancé.

"I'm fine," I assure him, smiling as a pleasant spicy scent hits my nose. Apparently, Sunghoon has been using the time Leela and I have been talking to cook some food. "Good," Sunghoon replies with a deep look into my eyes before he breathes a kiss on my lips, which I return.

Only a moment later, he breaks away from my lips to look at me again. "You must be hungry, I cooked." "I'm starving," I reply laughing with my stomach growling.

After eating, I feel very tired, so we get ready for bed and lay down in bed. Sunghoon pulls me closer to him and breathes a gentle kiss on my temple. I snuggle against his chest and close my eyes as I listen to the regular beat of his heart.

"I love you, Hoon", I murmur tiredly. "And I love you, Lola", Sunghoon replies just as tiredly.

A/N: And noooo i'ts still not over