59 ¦ Not For Sale

Y'all i'm so obsessed with the song 'over me' bc of a heeseung edit... anyways enjoyyyyy:)
- - -

After Sunghoon and I discussed the final details for our wedding together with the wedding planner a few weeks later, I still have an appointment at the bridal fashion store this afternoon to look for a new dress.

Since I am already in the 20th week of pregnancy and my belly has made quite a push within the last four weeks, the dress we bought together back then is now clearly too small for me.

Our wedding is in a week and I can't wait. Sunghoon has another important meeting at work, so Jungkook, Sunghoon's driver, drives me to the appointment. On the way there, we pick up Teresa and my mother, as well as Leela.

Even today, I can't help but notice that Jungkook and Teresa can hardly take their eyes off each other. Of course I don't say anything, but I can't help grinning.

Jungkook stops the car on a shoulder directly in front of the store and switches off the engine. In the bridal fashion store, we are already awaited by Elle. This is the saleswoman who also advised us last time.

"I think the other dress would actually be a little too tight," she notes as she catches a glimpse of my baby bump and smiles broadly. "But I already have some great dresses that will look beautiful on you."

She claps her hands and with a nod of her head invites us to follow her. Elle shows us a wide selection of different wedding dresses, one of which even resembles the dress I had before. It's a little tighter at the bust, and falls wider at the belly, so it would be ideal for my baby bump.

Along with this and three other shortlisted dresses, we head to the more secluded part of the boutique where my mother, Leela and Teresa sit down on the sofa where Sunghoon sat a few months ago.

Elle and I disappear behind the curtain, where she helps me into the first dress; an A-line that looks pretty plain. "It looks so plain," Teresa also notes a bit skeptically as I come out from behind the curtain to show it to my companions. "It's beautiful," Leela begins thoughtfully, eyeing me. "But something is missing... That certain something." My mother nods in agreement.

I try on a few more dresses, with one made of flowing side that everyone has liked so far, before Elle helps me into the one that most resembles my previous dress. This is also an A- line, made of tight-fitting lace at the bust and flowing silk fabric underneath. It fits like a glove, nothing would need to be altered.

As I already emerge from behind the curtain with a satisfied smile on my lips, Teresa, my mother and Leela also seem immediately convinced. "That's it!" says Leela immediately, beaming from ear to ear.

"You look beautiful," my mother says, smiling as well. Only Teresa remains silent. For a moment I look at her. Briefly, I think she might not like it, but then her lips form into a smile as well. "I think you've found the perfect dress," she states with conviction.

"I'll take it," so I say without hesitation directed at Elle, who nods with a satisfied smile on her thin lips. "It suits you perfectly, I'm sure your fiancé will like it too," Elle surmises. We then disappear again behind the curtain, where she helps me out of the dress.

As I'm about to get dressed again, the young saleswoman suddenly turns to me. "I'm glad you're all right," she says in a hushed voice. I know immediately what she's talking about, of course, because the first time I was here Elle saw the bruises on my body and probably thought Sunghoon had something to do with it.