10 ¦ Summerdays

A/N: omfg i just read a fanfic about my favorite F1 driver and he just died in the story and i'm literally crying even if its not real like wtf??🥲Anyways sorry lets get to the story :-)
- - -

Silently, I sit next to Sunghoon in the passenger seat of his black Bentley and look out the window at the large lake we are driving past, where people have spread out on the lawn to enjoy the beautiful weather. The sun is shining and it's almost 30 degrees. Perfect July weather for a trip to the lake.

I think back to the old days of spending almost every hot summer day at the lake with Leela. Last summer we even went to the ocean for a few days of camping with her cousin Aron.

Everything seemed so perfect back then. And today I think back on it and have to accept that there will never be days like that again.

"You're so silent today," notes Sunghoon, who has exchanged his dress shirt for a plain white T-shirt today and is wearing sunglasses, over whose lenses he gives me a quick glance before returning his eyes to the road.

"You should enjoy it," I reply, shrugging my shoulders. Nervously, I smooth out the fabric of my light summer dress and look at Sunghoon.

"I want to hear your beautiful voice, though," Sunghoon replies to me. "You have countless years ahead of you where you'll have to endure my voice more often than you'd like," I whisper, lowering my gaze. Was that inappropriate? "I guess so," Sunghoon suddenly agrees with me coolly.

After another fifteen minutes of driving, we arrive at the bridal fashion store where Sunghoon has made the appointment for a fitting and consultation. Next door is also a jeweler that focuses specifically on wedding rings.

Since all the parking spaces are taken, Sunghoon parks his car in a small parking garage, which actually belongs to a furniture store and is located a bit down the street.

"Do you think I can leave it here like this?" he wants to know from me as we get out. Concerned, he looks at his car. "I think so," I reply, careful to choose the right words and just not say anything that might have a negative effect on my father's mind if he finds out from Sunghoon that I didn't behave appropriately.

"It doesn't look like a good neighborhood here," Sunghoon sighs, locking the car. "We're in a parking garage," I reply, raising an eyebrow. I don't know what Sunghoon's expectations are for a parking garage, but this one looks among the best of all the parking garages I've been in.

Sunghoon looks at me over the lenses of his expensive sunglasses. "You got it," he replies coolly, to which I lower my gaze.

All of a sudden, he reaches out and gently lifts my face, forcing me to continue looking at him. "Never avert your gaze when I'm talking to you. Okay?" he says quietly. I swallow hard. Even though it's really hard, I hold his gaze. "Okay," I reply in a shaky voice.

Together with Sunghoon, I leave the parking garage and we walk down the street to get to the bridal fashion store.

Although I wouldn't get far anyway, I keep catching myself looking around for the perfect escape route. "Don't even consider it," Sunghoon warns me in a serious voice, roughly grabbing my hand to pull me closer to him. Sunghoon doesn't let go of my hand until we reach the bridal fashion store.

The ringing of a small bell sounds as he opens the door and pushes me in front of him into the store. Immediately, a young woman wearing a white blouse and high heels approaches us.

"Good afternoon and welcome, you must be Mr. Park, right?" asks the young woman with long blonde hair that falls wavily over her narrow shoulders. She smiles kindly at Sunghoon and me, revealing a row of straight white teeth.