44 ¦ Taken By Him

THANK Y'ALL FOR 10K <33
- - -

Sunghoon POV:

Smiling, I get out of the black Bentley with Jay and a bouquet of daisies in my arms as Jungkook, my driver, pulls up in front of my house.

I have been looking forward to returning home to Dolores since I left the house this morning. Actually, I wasn't planning on going anywhere today as I would have preferred to spend the day with her, but something came up at the company on short notice so I had no choice but to go.

"Sunghoon," I suddenly hear Jay's upset voice from the kitchen. I clutch the bouquet of flowers a little tighter and enter the room. The smile on my lips fades as I find Teresa and Dolores's mother sitting huddled on the floor.

Teresa's forehead is adorned with a large laceration. "What happened?", I ask anxiously. "There were men here...armed men," Teresa murmurs weakly. Jay, whom I've known since childhood and who is one of my most loyal friends, squats down on the floor with her to hand her a cooling pad.

"Where's Lola?" Silence.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" "They took her," Dolores sobs her mother bitterly. My fingers loosen and the daisies fall to the ground. "A man dragged her out of the house and took her."

"What did he look like?", I want to know, but Mrs. Rey shakes her head ignorantly. "He was wearing a balaclava," Teresa answers instead. "The only thing I could figure out was that the men spoke a mixture between Japanese and Korean..."

My heart slips into my pants and for a moment I feel this unbearable pressure on my chest, cutting off the air I can breathe. At that same moment, the cell phone in my pocket vibrates.

I pull it out and stare at the display. An anonymous number.

Immediately, I pick it up. "You'll regret this!" I say hatefully, holding my cell phone to my ear. There is a soft crackling on the other side of the line before a voice speaks up, sending a cold shiver down my spine and causing all alarm bells to ring inside me.

"Sunghoon, Sunghoon," I hear the voice of the man who is after my money and my company.

Nishimura Riki. An unpredictable, ruthless monster. He destroys everything and everyone who opposes him.

"No wonder you kept your girlfriend from me...she's adorable." "I swear I'll kill you myself if you touch her!", I yell into my cell phone. Teresa and Dolores's mother look at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my dear Sunghoon...", Riki replies, laughing smugly. "Little Dolores is doing wonderfully. Aren't you, my dear?" I hear Dolores whimpering softly in the background. My stomach tightens painfully at the sound of her distressed voice.

I screw up my face and cling to the doorframe, in which I am still standing. It's my fault this happened. If only I hadn't been so foolish as to tell myself that it couldn't come to this, even though I knew that Riki and his people were out to get me.

It hurts my heart that now Dolores is also being dragged into this. She must be terrified. And it's all because of me. I shouldn't have let my feelings cloud my mind like that.

"How much do you want?", I ask immediately. I would give him anything, even my company. The main thing is that I can hold Dolores in my arms again, unharmed. Money is not an issue here.

Riki snorts. "I don't want your money," he repeats. Desperate, I ruffle my hair. "What else do you want?!", I ask almost impatiently. "You," Riki answers calmly. "To make up for what your filthy father and uncle took from me."

"You can forget that, you bastard!", I put in, wanting to add something else, but Riki just hangs up. The tears forming in my eyes blur my vision. Angrily, I throw my phone on the floor and slam my fist against the door frame several times in a row.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Hoon" Jay grabs me by the shoulders and drags me away from the blood-smeared doorframe. My fist throbs but feels numb at the same time. "He has her... HE HAS HER.", I hiss along to my loyal, long-time friend as well as Teresa and Dolore's mother.

"Who is he?", Teresa immediately wants to know, who by now has risen from the floor and remains standing with shaky knees right next to Jay. They have a right to know what's going on.

"Someone who has it in for me," I confess to her. "We'll get her out of there," Jay assures both me and the two women, who look clearly upset.

"We should call the police," Dolore's mother says, her cheeks flushed with tears. "No," Jay replies sternly, shaking his head vigorously. "If he gets wind that we've called the police, we're 100 percent never going to see Dolores again." Not alive, anyway.

Just the idea that something worse could happen to Dolores drives me incredibly insane. I would never forgive myself if she got hurt again because of me, or even died. That would haunt me for the rest of my life.

"We're leaving immediately with all the men, make sure everyone has a gun on them," I instruct Jay. He nods and pulls his cell phone out of his pants pocket. He then leaves the room to inform all the men working for me of the plan. There is no time to lose.

"What the hell are you going to do!?", Teresa asks in panic when Jay returns a few minutes later with two guns. He hands one of them to me.

"Getting Lola back," I reply firmly, loading my weapon before shoving it into my back pants pocket.

A/N: Sunghoon in his villain era lessgoooo