18 ¦ Payback is a bitch

"Sunghoon," I say as I enter the living room dressed in my new white bikini with a towel under my arm, where Sunghoon is standing in front of the window dressed in his swimming trunks, enjoying the view.

When he finally catches my attention, he turns to me and eyes me briefly. "Seems to fit," he notes absently. "How do you like it?", I ask, pressing my lips together. He clears his throat briefly and lets his gaze wander over me again, a little more intensely this time, his eyes lingering on the bruises on my ribcage.

Quickly, he looks back up into my face. "It's all right," he replies curtly, wrapping his long fingers tighter around the sunscreen he's holding in his hand. All right?

Secretly disappointed in his answer, I lower my eyes. "Let's go outside," I suggest and walk past him to the patio door to open it. Suddenly, I don't feel so comfortable in this bikini that Sunghoon and I bought at a nearby department store after breakfast. But I try not to let any of that show.

"Hot, hot...," I say as I feel the hot sand between my toes and quicken my steps, finally escaping with a relieved sigh onto my towel, which I spread out in a convenient spot for me near the water.

Sunghoon follows me quietly. He doesn't seem to mind the hot sand in the least. Calmly, he spreads his towel right next to mine and sets up a parasol so that I am now sitting in the shade.

"You're so pale, I don't want you to get sunburned right away," Sunghoon explains to me, sitting down next to me on his large towel. As he does so, he holds out the sunscreen to me. "Put some cream on," he prompts me.

"Who knew you could be so caring?", I ask sarcastically and roll my eyes, taking the sunscreen from Sunghoon's hand. Under his gaze, I generously spread some of the cream on my arms, my legs, my décolleté, my stomach, and my face. Only on my back does it then become a little more difficult.

"Instead of watching me..."' I say, pushing the sunscreen into Sunghoon's hand. I then turn my back to him. "You better make yourself useful and help me for a minute," I urge him. "Okay."

A moment later, I feel his hands, wet with the cool sunscreen, against my back. Slowly, Sunghoon spreads the sunscreen over my skin, his hands touching me so gently that goosebumps spread over my body, which I try to hide inconspicuously.

A soft laugh escapes Sunghoon's lips, who is probably more than aware of his effect on me. Obviously he seems to enjoy it even downright.

"Sunghoon," I whisper softly as I feel his hot breath on my neck, merely adding to the telltale goosebumps on my skin. "Done," he breathes into my ear. I don't miss the seductive undertone in his voice that makes me freeze.

It's not the first time he's tested his effect on me, taking it as amusement. But I too can think of moments when I have had that effect on him.

An innocent smile plays around my lips as I turn to him, his brown eyes sparkling at me triumphantly. That sparkle will soon be lost on him. "Now it's your turn," I say, taking the still-open tube from his hand.

"Lay down on your stomach." "Lay on my stomach?" asks Sunghoon in amusement, raising his perfectly shaped dark eyebrows in confusion. He almost looks suspicious. "I want to put cream on your back," I say.

Briefly, I think I detect a twitch in Sunghoon his flawless face. "Now go ahead," I say, impatiently waving the sunscreen around in my hand. "Okay," Sunghoon laughs, still confused at my request, but complies anyway and lies down on his stomach, using his arms to support his head.

I kneel down next to his body and spread a generous amount of sunscreen on his back. Before Sunghoon can even think about it, or before I think about my plan a second time, I place myself above him.

"Dolores," Sunghoon says almost in a panic, squirming under me so that he is now lying on his back and I am sitting directly on his middle. With wide eyes he looks at me and I return his gaze.

My plan to erase that triumphant glint from his eyes has worked. But instead of triumph, a completely different emotion is now reflected in them, which I cannot clearly assign.

Nervously, I slide up a little further, a soft gasp escaping Sunghoon's lips. In a flash, the young man with the beautiful eyes grabs me by the wrists and before I know it, I'm lying on my back directly beneath him as he leans over me with his lips slightly parted, looking down at me. His chest rises and falls erratically.

"What the hell was that about?" asks Sunghoon in a faltering voice. "I don't know what you're talking about," I lie, returning his gaze innocently. In reality, I'm absolutely aware of what I was trying to accomplish. And obviously it worked, because suddenly I feel a slight bulge in his swimming shorts against my bare thigh.

"Fuck," Sunghoon murmurs and wants to move away from me, but I wrap my legs around his hips to stop him. "Dolores, this is not a good idea...", Sunghoon says breathlessly. A low moan escapes my lips as I feel his arousal immediately between my legs.

With heated cheeks, I continue to hold Sunghoon's gaze, waiting to see what he does next. "Dolores," Sunghoon gasps in a warning voice.  "You started this," I reproach him.

I don't know what's happening to me. But something spreads through me that I've never felt to this extent before. "Let's stop...that...that's not right," Sunghoon murmurs softly. Frozen, he waits for me to open my legs wrapped around his waist, but I don't.

"I don't want to stop," I whisper, looking deep into his eyes. For a brief moment, his features soften and he licks his lips. His golden eyes scrutinize me lustfully before they linger on the bruises on my ribcage, however.

Immediately, his jaw tightens and his gaze darkens. "But I do," Sunghoon says composedly. I immediately loosen my legs wrapped around his hips and allow Sunghoon to move away from me. "Please excuse me for a moment," he mutters and disappears into the house.

Why did I in god sake's name do that?