51 ¦ The First Picture

"Thank you for accompanying me," I thank Teresa as we leave my gynecologist's office together. I have just had my first ultrasound, which confirmed my pregnancy. According to my gynecologist, I am already in the 6th week of pregnancy and the embryo has developed well.

"It means a lot to me that you asked me," Teresa replies, looking at me out of her brown eyes with a smile on her lips. "After all, you are the woman who brought me into the world," I add in a low voice.

I've only known for a few weeks that Teresa is in fact my birth mother, and although I was naturally angry at first, I understand why she kept it from me all these years. I wonder how she can be capable of loving a child, who was not born of her free will, so much that she can live under the same roof for over two decades with the man who caused her all this suffering. Teresa is admirable.

"You should go back to Sunghoon and show him the ultrasound picture," Teresa merely suggests. "He'll be so happy." Convinced by her suggestion, I nod. I promised Sunghoon not to stay away too long, whom I told that I was seeing Teresa, but not that I had an appointment for a confirmation ultrasound with my gynecologist. This is supposed to be a surprise.

After Jungkook and I, drop Teresa off at my parents' house, Jungkook drives me back to the house where I have been living for the past few months. It still feels surreal that this is my home. But it is.

Lost in my thoughts, I enter the house and slip my shoes off my feet before climbing the stone stairs up to the first floor. I finally stop in front of the door to Sunghoon's office, where he still seems to be working, and listen to see if he's still in the video conference he started at noon today.

"Come in, Lola," Sunghoon calls out with amusement, so he must have noticed me after all. With a smile on my lips, I enter the office. Sunghoon, sitting on his chair with his fingers intertwined in front of his unfolded laptop, returns my smile wearily.

"I have a surprise for you," I inform him, stopping immediately beside him. With raised eyebrows and a grin on his face, Sunghoon looks up at me. "What kind of surprise?" he now curiously wants to know.

Instead of saying anything, I reach into the pocket of my cardigan and pull out the ultrasound picture that my gynecologist took today. I hold it out to Sunghoon and place my lips together as I watch his reaction; his grin fades and his features soften as he takes the picture from my hand for a closer look.

For a brief moment, I fear that Sunghoon is upset as he silently presses his full lips together, but then he lifts his gaze to look at me with tears in his eyes. "I love you," he whispers.

He puts a hand to my belly and gently caresses it with his thumb as he looks at the ultrasound picture he has placed on his desk and traces the tiny shadow of our unborn child with his index finger. "And I love this child. I can't wait to hold it in my arms."

After we are silent for a while, Sunghoon suddenly grabs my wrist and pulls me onto his lap. As if of my own accord, I wrap my arms around his neck and look deep into his eyes. "I love you too," I say before closing the small gap between us and kissing the young man I never thought I would love as much as I do.

Gently, he returns my kiss and places his hands at my waist. A sigh escapes his lips as I gently move my hips against his pelvis. His hands move from my waist to my hips where his grip tightens. The kiss becomes more passionate and I feel Sunghoon press his pelvis harder against mine. Soon after, I notice the growing bulge in his pants.

"Wait," he murmurs into the kiss, breaking away from my lips. Gently, he runs his hand through my brown hair, which falls open over my shoulders. "I have to make a quick phone call," Sunghoon tells me, almost seeming to regret it.

With a smile on my lips, I climb down from his lap and go to reach for the ultrasound picture, but Sunghoon beats me to it. "I want to look at it a little longer. Is that okay?" he wants to know and can hardly take his eyes off the picture.

Immediately, I pull my hand back and nod. "Of course," I reply, and breathe one last quick kiss on Sunghoon's lips before I walk briskly out of his office and into the adjoining bedroom, where I sit down on the edge of the bed.

I hesitantly put my hands to my stomach and press my lips together. I still can't believe I'm pregnant. It feels surreal that a little person is growing inside of me that Sunghoon and I will hold in our arms in just 8 months.

A little person that he and I created. Sunghoon, whom I will marry after everything that has happened. If someone had told me this a few months ago, I would have declared that someone crazy for sure.

TimeSkip:

The door to the bedroom opens quietly and Sunghoon enters the room with the ultrasound picture in his hand. He still seems to find it difficult to take his eyes off it.

Arriving at the bedside, he finally puts it down on the nightstand to join me on the bed. "Where did we leave off?", Sunghoon asks with a grin, still wearing his suit and eyeing me out of his brown eyes.

Smiling, I bite my lower lip and swing onto his lap. I tug on his tie, bringing his face closer to mine, to close the gap between us and kiss Sunghoon again. Greedily, he returns my kiss, placing his hands on my butt.

As the kiss gradually becomes more frantic, I slip his jacket off his shoulders and begin to unbutton his shirt, letting it slide to the floor with his jacket.

Sunghoon takes off my cardigan and sweater, whereupon he turns us around so that I am now lying under him and he is bending over me. He looks deep into my eyes before he spreads kisses down my neck to my belly, where he pauses briefly and smiles broadly. Thereupon he strips my pants including underpants from my legs and lets them fall to the floor as well, whereupon he explores my body with his lips.

When he reaches between my legs, I wince briefly before a soft moan escapes my lips and I press my pelvis lightly against Sunghoon. Finally, his lips meet my mouth again and Sunghoon turns us so that I am now sitting on top of him and he is underneath me.

I push Sunghoon back into the mattress to spread kisses on his chest. I run my finger along the waistband of his pants before unzipping them. I free Sunghoon from his pants and boxers while he takes off my bra.

- - -

"I love you," Sunghoon murmurs in a raspy voice and breathes an affectionate kiss on the tip of my nose before sinking into the mattress next to me and pulling me into his arm.

We lay next to each other in silence for a while, smiling from ear to ear, before Sunghoon sits up and looks at me. Thereupon he places his hands again at my belly and approaches this with his face to place a kiss there.

"Saranghe, my little baby," Sunghoon talks softly to my belly and I can't help but laugh softly. I couldn't be happier than I am at this moment.

Gently, I stroke Sunghoon's brown hair as he continues to talk to my belly. He then lifts his gaze to look me in the eye again. "By the way... My cousin wants to meet you. She'll be coming over tomorrow," Sunghoon informs me, lying down next to me again.

"Okay," I reply overjoyed and exhausted at the same time. Smiling, I snuggle against his chest and trace the contours of his abs with my fingertips. Sunghoon wraps his arm around me again and breathes a kiss on my temple before pulling the blanket over our still naked bodies.

"Hoon...", I say. "Hm?" he murmurs, running his fingers up and down my back. "I want to marry you," I inform him. Sunghoon laughs softly. "I know you want to marry me someday," he retorts with amusement.

"Not someday," I mutter, shaking my head, which I lift from his chest to look him in the eye. "Soon... real soon. I want this child to be born into a real family and bear your name."

Sunghoon's lips form into a wide smile. "Nothing would make me happier than to marry you very soon, jagiya," he informs me, breathing a kiss onto my lips. He pulls me to his chest again, and we lie like that until I eventually drift off into a deep, carefree sleep.

A/N: You guys still enjoying this story?