CHAPTER 3: Destination London

After fourteen hours in the air, she finally arrived in London. The plane lands at London Heathrow Airport. Throughout the flight, Bella had felt this empty hole in her chest that was desperate to be filled. Her heart aches leaving the only home she's ever known and for leaving her family behind. Parts of her regrets it but the other part knows that this was still the right thing. She still didn't know how she found the courage to do so.

Bella had always dreamt of leaving Beacon Hills behind but there was an incredibly big difference between a dream and an action.

Bella stood outside the airport with her luggage in hand. It was raining. She looked around for Jackson or Ethan and saw no sign of either. That was until she heard two men having a conversation. Bella turned and it was Jackson and Ethan.

"Ireland and Scotland date back to the first century when the Romans invaded them." said Jackson "I read somewhere that the island is actually prehistoric. The recorded history only began after the invasion."

"Ha! You read somewhere?" Ethan laughed

"What? I can read."

"Only when you want to."

"The alphas in France seemed a lot easier to take down than the one we're looking at."

"But we are not going to do anything about it. It's not our fight." Ethan said

"I checked. Two of our own were killed by hunters and another by a rogue werewolf. France seems to be full of rogue Alphas."

"Hence where we are, we are free of them."

"Doesn't that sound like it's too good to be true?" Bella chimed in, making the two men look at her.

"Well, if it isn't Bella Hale at long last." Ethan jokes.

Bella laughed "Finally. I thought I'd never get here."

"It's good to see you. It's been what, five years?" Jackson asked

"Yeah, the last time I saw you Jackson, you were saving my life after I got shot in the head. You were helping me escape."

Jackson smiled lightly, "You look good."

"Feeling good. A lot stronger actually." Bella admitted "Still an Omega but at least I've had some more practice in."

"Shall we get going?" Ethan offered

Jackson helped Bella load her bags in the trunk of the car and Ethan drove them to their apartment in the heart of London. Bella admired all of the views while driving past them. She couldn't believe she was in London. There was so much that she wanted to see. Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the museums.

"I really appreciate you guys setting me up out here." Bella said as she followed Jackson and Ethan into their apartment.

Bella looked up at the luxurious apartment she was now standing in and went to explore. The apartment was decorated in tones of dark yellow and red. The lounge area had a big leather couch and TV.

"Well, Jackson was doing it as a favor for Lydia but I would have been happy to help regardless." said Ethan. "If anything, no one should have to be stuck in a fucked up place like Beacon Hills."

Ethan helped carry Bella's bags to the room she would be staying in. Again, it had a similar color theme with a decent size Queen's bed in the center.

"And you haven't felt any reason to go back after all these years?" she asked "No pull towards Beacon Hills?"

"Not unless we choose to. We chose to go back last time because our friends needed our help. We've been on our own ever since. Probably because we are too far out of the way to feel the pull"

"Good." Bella slightly smiled, "I need some time away."

"Don't blame you." Jackson said "After all that's happened, it's good you left. I'm surprised you didn't leave sooner. Hell, it's been great for me since I came here. Don't think I would have found Ethan if I hadn't"

Ethan blushed as he kissed Jackson "Thanks, babe."

Bella smiled. "I wish I had left sooner. I've tried many times and failed. Even when my dad promised that we would stay out of Beacon Hills, we always got lured back. I was just a kid living at home with my dad. No matter how far we stray away, we always find a way back. Never again.  I was born and raised in Beacon Hills. It was always home for me but now, I couldn't stay. I nearly died so many times. I lost most of my family there. All that's left of us Hales now are me, my dad, Derek, Eli and Cora."

"Who's Eli?" Jackson asked

"Derek's son."

"Derek has a kid? When did that happen?"

Bella shook her head "Don't know. Five years ago? Kid just showed up all of a sudden. But what I'm trying to say is that Beacon Hills has too many bad memories. I'll go back when I am ready."

"And Peter? How did he react to this?" Ethan asked

"He reacted the way you can expect. I left him a letter but he still felt the need to call me as I was getting on the plane, practically begging me to come home. I couldn't. It broke my heart to hear him like that but he has to understand why I did this."

"And he won't find you here?" Jackson asked

"I should hope not. I have my laptop so he can't look through it and I got a backup cell phone so he can't track me. My personal phone is off."

Ethan nods, approving this "Not a bad idea. When you want to be left alone, cover your tracks."

"Learned from the best. My dad is going to regret teaching me how to cover my tracks." Bella smirked, lightly laughing.

Later that night, Bella laid in bed, staring at the ceiling, the brightness of the moon shone through the curtains. She thought about a lot of things but she would feel sad when it comes to thinking about her family. Her dad. She's never been so far from home before.

Belle burrowed deeper into the pillow. These feelings she was having were ones she had a million times over along with a mix of new feelings. She was terrified. All of this was terrifying, Belle never thought that she would start to feel this way: Confusion, Scared, Tired, Homesick.

She had bitten off more than she could chew. She knew that this was the right thing for her and she wouldn't be totally alone in the process. Talking with Jackson and Ethan made the plan and trip easier but she was still a stranger in another part of the world. As Peter would say "We're all works in progress."