CHAPTER 21: Goodbye For Now

Shortly after, Bella actually took up Peter's offer for a walk alongside the sandy beach. They just walked. Barely any words were exchanged. Perhaps that was for the best. Bella's eyes peered over to the sunset and was mesmerized by the colors. Peter watched her gaze. But he was mostly just watching her. She had a small, peaceful smile upon her face. Peter could sense the relaxation within her as Bella fell deeply into the peacefulness of the sunset, listening as the waves were crashing.

Peter would never be able to understand that peacefulness his daughter was feeling. Maybe once he felt it. But right now, he didn't. It hurts to not be able to feel that. But among feeling peaceful was happiness. Belle felt happy with where she was. She felt safe. She could never feel like her life was in danger. Bella was different. Peter could see that now. He wouldn't be able to feel what his own daughter was feeling. Not like the way she was. Peter had too much anger in him. And with that anger came the many mistakes and choices he made. He never resented them, no. He only resented the ones that had hurt the one he loved most.

Peter realizes that Bella wasn't completely like him. She was stubborn like him. She had anger like him. But she was her own person. After all this time, she had to be. Peter was a fool for not thinking about it. For years, Peter had taught Bella to make use of her anger, how to fight and defend herself. To let go of the fear. But it was never enough. Peter knows that he hasn't been the world's perfect father. Recent events haven't helped that. He wanted to tell her "Running away won't solve anything" but he won't. Peter often thought about what would have happened if their life didn't turn out like this. If there was no fire or coma. Peter is disappointed in not being able to see that outcome apart from what is happening now or has happened. All he knows is that it wouldn't have come to this.

Peter allowed for his curiosity to get the best of him with asking questions, questions he yet knew the answers to.

"Enlighten me," Peter started "What's it like being here?"

Bella looks at her father in confusion "What?"

"What is it like for you to live here?" Peter asked, "We never really got the chance to talk about it."

"Haven't I explained that already?"

"Not precisely." Peter stated "Only small details. You've talked about the beach and how peaceful it was but not what it's like being in a different country."

Bella scoffed. "It's no Beacon Hills, that's for sure."

Peter frowns, waiting anxiously for Bella to speak. She then cocks her head and looks as if she had a thought. "Come. I want to show you something."

Intrigued, Peter followed Bella towards the woods.

"Think you can keep up?" Bella teased

Peter looked at his daughter in confusion before watching her take off at high speed. Peter, getting the hint, takes off after her, unsure of what was taking place. With Bella ahead of him, they ran deep into the forest. They ran up high until Bella stopped running,

Peter ran up the hill behind her and breathed heavily when he came to a stop.

"You know; you're going to have a heart attack one of these days if you don't take it easy." Bella joked

Peter chuckled, "Seeing as though I'm a werewolf, I highly doubt that will happen. Thanks for your concern though." he said, sounding annoyed.

Belle chuckled through her heavy breaths as she started walking up ahead. 

"What are we doing here?" Peter asked curiously.

Bella turns back to Peter "This is what I wanted to show you."