CHAPTER 5: Painfully Moving On

The pub wasn't all that small but it wasn't big either. It was cozy, decorated in dark oak with a lot of small tables scattered all over. It was a noisy environment, full of people, mostly drunks.

The group was led to a booth where all of the wolves were seated. There were others that had joined them. Bella did not know who they were. She sat in awkward silence while the others conversed. There were talks about what was going down in France, in regards to the rogue alphas that she had heard Jackson and Ethan talking about previously. Something big was going on and thankfully, Bella wasn't going to be a part of this.

David cleared his throat. "Right, I'm sure you already know, Ms. Hale, this is my pack."

He began pointing at the members "You already know Luke, Elenor, Malcolm and Anna. The others are friends and allies of my pack."

David points to two men, aging in their mid twenties. Nearly identical. Both had dark, medium length wavy hair, broad shoulders and a pointy chin. They also looked slim but the looks in their piercing blue eyes made them look tough. "This is Bram and Iain. They're twins. Not identical but they do look very alike. So alike that I often mistake the two for one another"

He then points to a man and woman.They were seemingly in their thirties. "This is Gordon and Elise. They're married."

The man was shorter. Probably five feet tall. He had sandy hair that was curled and slicked back. His face was pale and pointed. The dark circles under his eyes suggested that he hasn't been sleeping well. The woman was about the same height. Slim with long auburn hair. Her stomach was bulged out which suggested that she was pregnant.

"Most of us aren't even fighters" Ethan points out

Malcolm grinned "We are still werewolves, mate. Fighting is instinctive."

"What about you little one?" Gordon eyes Bella and she looks up at everyone around her. "Have you ever been in a life and death situation?"

Bella scoffed. It was obvious that Gordon didn't know her story. "I have been fighting for my life for twelve years. It leaves a mark. It takes its toll. You can count me out of this. I'm not getting involved."

"Apologies for Gordon." David said "I'd forgotten that he did not know your story."

"It's not a story I like to have repeatedly told." Bella glared at David. "Even when it's being told behind my back. You don't know me. Don't make any kind of assumptions. You don't have that right"

David sat back as Elenor stared at Bella with wide eyes "Don't you ever speak to him like that."

Bella looked at David's wife. "And you are being annoying. I have the right to speak how I want."

Ethan placed a hand on Bella's shoulder "It's enough, Bella."

Bella growled at him "What gave her the right to tell me how I shouldn't speak!?"

Ethan scowled "Just ignore her."

"Why should I? If she has something to say, I wanna hear it."

The table went silent and everyone sat awkwardly. The lack of response bothers her so she got up and left the table. Bella stood outside the pub, the cold breeze gliding against her skin. She was furious at having to go through this.

Bella sat outside on a bench for a while, lost in thought when someone came up beside her.

"Hiya." said a male voice

Bella looked up and saw the Denbeigh boy standing before her. She glares at him.

"Listen, I wanted to apologize." He tells her