X

"I will never find another you."-Of Mice and Men

The rest of the week went by quickly for Emilia. She hadn't seen Sebastian outside of class once. She was busy trying to get ready for tryouts. And it was finally Friday afternoon. Today would be Gryffindor's tryouts. She quickly changed out of her school robes and got ready. She would be trying out for Seeker. She knew she was quick on her broom and had a keen eye. She just hoped all of her training over the summer paid off.

She took a few deep breaths as she walked onto the field to try and calm her nerves. Of course it didn't work, but she tried. There were a lot of people already there. All getting ready for their time slot. She grabbed her broom from the shed and started warming up. She always loved a good fly around the grounds before anything else.

Once in the air she did a few laps around the the Pitch to get her barrings. Looking out over the forest she saw two people exiting. She would have almost missed them if they weren't being so loud. She recognized that laugh. It was Sebastian. Who was that with him? She got closer, trying not to be noticed.

"I told you there wasn't anything to be worried about. Those Infiri were no problem. Especially after you threw that Crucio at them," Sebastian said.

I'm sorry, what?

​​​​​​​Who was he with and why was he hanging around anyone who was dark magic? Her stomach felt sick with anxiety.

As they walked under her, she realized it was Jessica. The whole reason he had problems with the Dark Arts in the first place! What was he thinking? She should have seen it sooner. Why didn't she think that maybe the one girl who encouraged him to follow the Dark Arts, wouldn't stop using them herself? She needed someone to back her up when she confronted him. Ominins. He knew better than most what to say to him. For more reasons than one, sadly.

She slowly followed them as they made their way over to the Quidditch field.

"Findley! You're up next!" She heard Garreth Weasley call to her from the ground. He was the team captain after all.

She sighed. This was absolutely terrible timing. And to make it worse, she saw Sebastian and Ominis sitting together in the stands. What were they doing? She nodded at Garreth and found her position, waiting for the call for her to begin.

She glanced over at where the two Slytherin boys were sitting. Sebastian smiled and waved at her, "Knock 'em dead!"

She gave a faint smile, trying not to give away the worry she had swirling in her head.

"Go!" Garreth shouted, bringing her attention back to the task at hand. He threw a practice Snitch into the air.

Even with the stress she made quick work of it, thankfully. She just hoped her time was good enough.

"We will have the list of those who made the team listed in the common room tomorrow morning. Good luck!"

Quickly, she put her things away and made sure her broom was tended. She needed to speak with Ominis. Tonight.

"There's my favorite Gryffindor," She heard Sebastian call behind her. She turned and put on a smile. Ominis was with him. Maybe she could let him know they needed to meet without Sebastian overhearing.

"And there are my two favorite Slytherins. What brings you two to the Gryffindor tryouts?"

"We...Well I wanted to see you tryout. Moral support, you know?" Sebastian said, laughing a little at the accidental joke.

"Thank you, Sebastian. I appreciate that," She smiled. Could he see she was worried? Hopefully not. Not until they had a plan together to talk to him.

"Hey, Sallow! You better not be scouting our practice routines!" She heard from behind them. They both turned around to see Garreth walking up to them. He seemed rather serious for once. That was an interesting look on him.