XXIII

Emilia stood staring at the man who just sent her soul to heaven. He was buttoning his now dingy shirt. His hair was more of a mess than normal and she liked it. More important, she liked that she was the reason. She just gave herself to Sebastian Sallow. And he took care to make sure she was comfortable.

"Is this okay?"

"How are you doing?"

She was looking forward to the next time she could rip his clothes off just thinking about it and how he felt. His hands, his lips. His breath as it fell over her body. Among other things.

He looked over at her as she admired him, and she wasn't even ashamed to be caught. He smirked as he walked over to her, his shirt still undone enough for her to see his collar bones clear as day. She bit her lip, she couldn't help it. He was just so wonderfully attractive.

"What did I tell you about biting your lip, darling?" His voice alone was already driving her mad.

She blushed furiously as his lips hovered dangerously near her own. She could feel the heat coming off of him.

​​​​​​​He let out a laugh and stood up straight, running a hand through his hair, "Anne would probably kill me. She is more than likely already going to kill me, but the less killing the better."

She shook her head with a smile, "Sebastian Sallow, always in trouble."

​​She couldn't keep what had happened that morning from her friends. So there they sat, Poppy, Natty, Nellie, and even Imelda. The din of the weekend crowd washed over the Three Broomsticks, helping to keep their conversation private. Emilia was glad to have such good friends. Keeping her morning adventures to herself would have been torture. She needed to tell someone.

​​​​​​​"You're kidding!" Poppy squealed

Emilia smiled at her friends as they all put on big giddy smiles. She knew they had always wanted her and Sebastian to get together. Though, they weren't exactly a 'couple', it was something.

"Don't get too excited, it's not really what I would consider a proper relationship. I told him that I have to devote time to my studies and I couldn't put all of my effort into a relationship so it's kind of a no expectations thing. I'm not even sure much will come of it now that the years of tension have finally become fruitful."

"He's mad about you, don't sell yourself short, Em. Looking from the outside in it's been obvious you two were going to wind up together since the beginning," Nellie poked her.

She almost choked on her her drink and had to cough, "Beginning?!"

The girls laughed at her near demise before Imelda spoke, "As disgusting as it has been listening to the buffoon lamenting about you over the years, she's not wrong. You should have heard the common room after he met you. It was always 'Emilia this' and 'Emilia that'. Almost every second word out of his mouth was your name."

Emilia blushed. Had he really always had some kind of feelings for her? She had never thought of herself as someone to get a boy's attention then. She was still coming to terms with the fact that she had the boy's attention. She supposed that she had some endearing qualities, but not enough to hold someones interest for that long. Seven years.

​​​​​​​She was brought from her thoughts by lips on her cheek and the smell of pine and cedar. She smiled as she felt his hand slip around her waist on the other side.

"Good afternoon, darling," He whispered into her ear. She felt the tickle of his lips as they moved.

He turned to his fellow Slytherin, "Since when do you befriend Gryffindors, Imelda? On second though, when do you befriend anyone?"