Chapter 49 II Drug or a Cure

To everyone who sticked up till now - you're real ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose's POV

Luke squirmed in my embrace, so I looked down at him. We were wrapped in Layla's blanket, just chilling as she threw pieces of clothing at us.

"Are you still cold?" he asked, looking up at me with his big brown eyes and distinctly blushed cheeks.

"Freezing", I said emphatically, tightening my grip on him. He chuckled and wiggled away running to Layla.

"You're lying", he said and threw a dress at me, "no one can be that cold for that long."

I wiggled my brows and I lay down. "I'm lying"

He threw himself into the pile of clothes, laughing hysterically. I shook my head and smiled at his goofiness.

"You two are not helping", Layla stated as she pulled a tiny item from the bottom of her new closet. She grinned and went to the bathroom to change. Luke continued laughing as he rolled around on the floor.

"What am I?" he asked as he juggled on the floor.

"A little worm", I guessed. He stopped and sat down disappointed.

"Why would I be a worm?" he wondered. "They are disgusting, and mushy and wet."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What are you then?"

He smiled and came closer. "A fish on dry land", he whispered like it was top secret and jumped up laughing again as he ran around like a crazy person. I heard shuffling in the toilet.

"I'm a charming, magnificent, alluring goddess of attractiveness descending from heaven", Layla rambled as she emerged in the room dressed in a tight, red slip dress that barely covered her ass, "bow down to this smashing Highness that is myself."

Luke screamed and threw himself once again into the pile of clothes. I laughed and sat up still wrapped in the blanket. "You look violently hot", I commented, checking her out as she spun around.

"I know", she said shrugging after her brief fashion show. She sat down by my side and eyed me.

"Now we have to dress up your ass", she said, "I already have a plan."

I frowned. "Layla I'm so cold."

"Didn't you say that coldness feels like it's coming from inside", she inquired as she got up. Luke was running in circles, and she grabbed his head in one hand pushing him into the pile of clothes on the floor. He laughed uncontrollably.

I shook my head. "But it feels way better when I'm wrapped up in layers of clothes."

She stumbled over her boots on the floor and turned my way, narrowing her eyes at me. "How many percent"

I raised my shoulders and sighed. "I don't know, like 10%"

She smirked and continued her way to the wardrobe jumping over random items on the floor. "See, you won't die for 10%"

I collapsed back onto the bed dramatically. "I believe I'm going to die now."

"I'll cover it with makeup", she yelled, but Luke's battle cry drowned it out. He charged at the pile of clothes pretending it was a monster.

Layla wangled from the wardrobe and showed me her pick. She held tight leather pants in one hand, which I knew would call all the attention to my butt. In the other, there was a miniature spaghetti strap, white top with a deep cut. I widened my eyes.