Chapter 14 II He's kinda hot though

Layla walked in classroom just before Miss Kalamea – culturology teacher. That's a thing apparently.

She insisted on calling her Miss.

Layla sat next to me. He eyes were slightly glowing. I didn't notice that until she came close.

"Layla! What the hell?"- I whisper-yelled.

"I don't know if I should talk about it"- she said mockingly.

"Cut the crap. What did you do?"

"Well, um, I kind of... you know..."

"Girls, pay attention!"- Miss Kalamea said cutting her off.

"We're going to talk about it, don't think you'll get the free pass"- I said quietly a few moments later.

After three or four unneeded, weird named lessens lunch time came and it was time for our talk. On my way out, in crowd, Layla somehow escaped. I'm going to kill her – I thought to myself.

As I was making my way out I bumped into someone's hard chest. After I apologized I raised my head to see who is that someone. Of course it was Adrian. Who else would it be?

I don't know why I felt nervous.

"No worries"- he said. I was confused. About what was he talking? I had no idea. I noticed my look and said: "You said sorry"

"Oh, yes"- I said awkwardly. He smirked. He knew what he was doing to me. Asshole.

I just wanted to avoid him. It was my plan. And apparently universe had something against it. Also, to make things even more awkward I lost control over my brain.

We were just standing there in the middle of the hallway and everyone just ignored us walking by us.

I moved to the left to let him pass. He did the same.
I moved to the right just as he did that.

He sighed and put his hands on my shoulders and moved me to left, and he went to the right.

I went with my hand trough my hair. Sometimes I just want to slap my brain for making me look like an idiot.

"That was entertaining"- I heard Layla say.

"Yeah, really enjoyable experience"

"So was he the one who saved you?"- she asked out of blue.

"What?"- I asked as we started walking to the eating room- that's how they call it.

"You never said how you escaped and he was asking around about you so you know, I connected dots"

"Speaking of dots, what the hell happened this morning?"

"I really don't know what dots have to do with that"

"Stop changing the subject and just tell me what happened"- I ordered.

"I bitch-slapped Kayden and he ran"- she simply said.

"Your eyes wouldn't glow because of that. What did he do to you?"

"Why do you think that he did something to me? Maybe I did something to him."

"Did you?"

"No, but that's not the point"

"Yes it is. You need to stay away from him, he's a sociopath"

"I figured", she said and made a long pause, "But he's kinda hot though"

"God, Layla"- I said disgusted.

"I'm just sayin'. Ok, I admit Kayden is a little", she stopped speaking to make some funny face that I'm not really sure how to interpret, "But Adrian on the other hand..."

She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. I just rolled my eyes and started eating the salad that I took few moments earlier hoping that she'll drop the subject.

"Your children would be so adorable, and they would call me aunty Lay-Lay and..."

"Layla what the hell?!"- I said trying to shut her up.

"And you would be the first..."

"Layla!"- I yelled and gave her one of my death stares. She laughed and luckily dropped the subject.

We chat about meaningless things and laughed. And that's how I spend the day, doing that and avoiding Adrian.

When I went to sleep that night my back was hurting again. I think that I opened my wound again. To distract myself from the pain I closed my eyes. The first thing that came to my mind was Adrian.

His appearances in my mind were really going on my nerves. Also that feeling that came with him.

"What is happening to me?" I asked myself "I don't even know the guy"

Actually I did know him. And he was asshole. After an hour of searching for explanation and solution I just decided that I'm going to throw him out of my head or something.