Chapter 20 II Ultrrians don't believe in love

Rose's POV

He lifted his head and looked at me with those green eyes.

"What do you want?"- he asked annoyed. I decided to ignore the hard feeling in my chest and just continued my plan.

"Please"- I asked.

He looked at me for few more moments and then said:
"Fine, talk"

"Not here, come"- I said and started walking.

I didn't turn to see if he is following me, I just knew he was there.

As we left the classroom I could hear Kayden whistling and shouting: that's my boy, that's what I taught you. And then Layla cursed and told him to shut up.

I smiled at that.

We walked for few more seconds in silence; our footsteps were being only noise we were making. I saw an empty room and opened its door.

I came in and turned around.

Doors were closed and Adrian was nowhere to be found.

"What do you want to talk about?"- he asked appearing close behind me. His breath was hot on my skin and I tried to ignore stupid feelings gathering in my stomach.

"Well...umm... there's...I...we...hmm...what?"- I mumbled.

He chuckled and moved in front of me. He was looking at me curiously.

"You said you wanted to talk to me"- he explained.

"Yes, I did, so...hmm, I need help"- I said.

"With what?"

"I found her"- I just said.

Something flashed in his eyes but it quickly disappeared so I couldn't say what it was.

"Who?"- he asked.

"A little girl, Nimueh - king's sister"- I explained.

His eyes widened.

"Y-you got her?"- he asked in shock.

"I'm pretty sure that that is what I've just said"

"Is she alright?"- he asked hopefully. I nodded. He smiled like a crazy person and tried to hold his laugh. He was still a little pale, even for an Ultrrian and he had those big dark circles, but he didn't seem so off anymore.

"Thank you so much, thank you a thousand times"- he said and did the most unexpected thing.

He hugged me.

At first I was in shock. Not just because of the tingling, but because his touch. The touch that wasn't accidental or was intended to do something.

Those feelings in the pit of my stomach appeared again and I hugged him back. I leaned into him as he buried his head in my neck. He pulled me even closer. His hands were on my waist.

It felt so right. My body fitted his perfectly. I could stay like that for the rest of my life.

I moved my arms into his hair and just enjoyed that moment.

The bell rung.

Adrian sighed and after few seconds moved away. He cleared his throat and went with his hand through his hair.

I didn't know what to say and it seemed he didn't either.

"So...what will we do?"- I asked.

"I can talk to the king..."