Chapter 29 II Your dad is a tool

Rose's POV

"Adrian", I sighed and ran in his arms. He squeezed me on his chest tangling his fingers in my hair.

"Hello to you too", he said in my hair as he kissed my head. Tingles went through my body driving away the coldness and filling me with that warm and fuzzy feeling.

"Where were you, ass? I froze completely", I said and moved away from him.

He smiled and looked in the sky while putting hands in his pockets. He exhaled and looked at me. In that moment I noticed his bloody lip, badly cut eyebrow and bruised knuckles. I felt a sting in my chest as the worry occupied my mind.

"What happened?" I asked and quickly closed the distance between us expecting his wounds.

"It's nothing", he just said and took my hands that were on his cheeks, and kissed them lightly.

"Adrian, what happened today?" I said a moment later seriously looking at him.

"Nothing you should be worried about", he said as he caressed my cheek.

I shook my head and moved away once again turning my back on him.

"What now?" he asked annoyed.

I took a deep breath and turned around. He stood with his hands in pockets again. He didn't look annoyed as he sounded, he seemed maybe nervous. I still couldn't tell what he was thinking...ever. That thought got me wondering – what if he doesn't feel like I do? He had big influence on me and I didn't like it anymore, especially if I didn't make him feel the same way.

"Nothing", I said.

"Come on, I know when human girl says nothing it's everything", he blurted. I frowned and clenched my jaw.

"You seem to know everything, aren't you?" I was not annoyed by his statement, but the tone he used when he said human. Daniel used that tone whenever he said alien.

"Why do you have to be so...difficult?" he asked taking step towards me.

"Just forget it", I said and started turning away from him but he stopped me by catching my hand.

"Do not run from me, Rosemarie" he said firmly as he captured my gaze with his. Sun rays fell perfectly on his face highlighting his already flawless features and making his glowing forest-green eyes stand out even more. He looked determent not to let me go.

"What do you want?" I asked finally. He gave me confused look so I continued: "I don't understand you. One moment you're perfect and the next you completely close yourself to me. Just talk to me"

I was honest and I said what I thought. Now I wanted him to do the same. Whatever that thing between us was, I wanted it to work. He looked down and after a few seconds he lifted his head and looked at me.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Just something.... anything", I basically begged him.

"I need to go", he said and stepped closer to me giving me light kiss on forehead and turned around to leave. This time I caught his arm. If he wanted he could've left, but he didn't. He just stood there, his back facing me.

"This is not how relationships work on this planet, Adrian", I said. At first he didn't move an inch let alone said something. He seemed like he's having inner battle about what to do. My fingers were still wrapped around his upper arm. I breathed heavily trying not to think about worst outcome as I dropped my hand by my side.

He turned around with his usually bright green eyes cold as ice.

"Well, too bad that I'm not from this planet then" he said crossing his arms on his chest.