Chapter 31 II Birthday

So, I know I haven't updated the story for a long time and I'm sorry for that. I have crazy school schedule. Also, I saw that the views are growing every day and I know that these are not large numbers comparing to other big Wattpad stories, but for me they mean a lot, especially comments you leave. I love hearing your opinions and if you have some suggestions feel free to tell. 

____________________________________________________

Rose's POV

After Layla left I tried to talk with my dad. He said that he hadn't done anything wrong and that I shouldn't hang out with Layla so much. Apparently she was bad influence on me. By the time I opened my mouth to speak, he had left.

Nothing new.

I just stood in the middle of a little place I will never call home. I rubbed my temples trying to ease the headache I was feeling. That day was just such a long day.

Why couldn't I just turn it off? Why couldn't I decide that I was done caring for everyone and everything?

I just wanted to say I am done and not feel anything anymore. Ultrrians were so lucky. They didn't have to constantly fight with their raging emotions.

My dad was ignoring me. My best friend was mad at me for some reason. My not-a-boyfriend kind of broke up with me. Luke didn't say anything to me. The whole world was invaded by aliens. The winter was coming. My grandma was dead. My mum was never here to begin with.

And I. Just couldn't. Take it. Anymore.

I leaned to thin wall for support and let it all out. Tears just came bursting out of my eyes. I covered my mouth with hands and slowly glided to the floor. I felt like whole weight of the world was on my shoulders and it was just too much.

When did I lose control of my life? It seemed like I was only a puppet in some stupid show called My Life and all of my strings were pulled by a malicious old man who liked to see me squirm.

What was wrong with me, anyway? Even my mother, the one person who should love you, didn't care for me. She just left and he did the same thing.

For years I was convinced she was dead, that she died on my sixth birthday on her way to get me a present. Ironically, I found out she wasn't on the same day eight years later. Apparently she took her things, our money and left chasing better life. I can remember her and I wish that away. I don't want to see her every time I look at my hair. She didn't want me and I don't want her...I don't need her. I don't need anyone.

I sobbed thinking about her, about Adrian, about my dad... I knew reminded him of her.

I hugged my knees tight on my chest. I hated feeling rejected.

It wasn't true though... that thought that I didn't need anyone. I needed Layla, I needed my sister. I needed Luke, too. I bit my lip and got up. I rubbed my eyes with sleeve of my shirt as I opened the doors and sneaked out.

It was almost curfew and I speeded to my friend's house hoping no one could see me. When I got there I knocked on the door few times praying to God her parents weren't home.

After a few moments, door opened. Layla stood there. She eyed me from my feet to the top of my head.

She didn't say anything. She just reached for me and embraced me in comforting hug. I started sobbing once again in her shoulder and she just tightened her embrace.

"Come on in. My parents are out. We're having a sleepover", she said as she let me go and dragged me inside.

Luke was sitting on the floor building model of a house. He looked up and his expression softened.