Kayden's story: Part 3

I really enjoyed writing this...so I would like to hear what do you think?  

Five years went by slowly.

Kayden wouldn't know that it was that long if they didn't tell him. It seemed much more than that. Every second in that room seemed like an eternity; painfully slow, never-ending, excruciating perpetuity.

He wished to be dead a long time ago. He even tried to make it happen.

Didn't work.

Obviously.

Last thing he remembers, before all this, were those words - Kill 'em.

Was his father still alive? He had no idea. He hadn't seen anyone except that bald man and the crone. Well, she wasn't actually a crone, but Kayden liked to think that she was an old witch that somehow made herself not look like the devil she in fact is. The very thought of the two of them made him nauseous. He hated them from the bottom of his soul.

When he woke up five years ago in this room he thought he had dreamed all of that, but soon it turned out that he was now living in a nightmare.

He called for anyone then. He just didn't want to be alone.

Mistake.

When the door finally opened, there stood three men in white. He could only see their lifeless eyes. He tried to explain to them he had to see his father and Bay, but they wouldn't listen. He feared they were some kind of robots. Their eyes did not have the glow of life and their hearts did not hear pleads of a child. What else could've they been. Humans were not supposed to be like that...at least he thought so.

They took him and dragged him outside. He struggled, but they had injected him with something.

He didn't faint and he could feel pain, only thing he couldn't do - is move.

Most definitely, worst feeling ever.

The helplessness wasn't the worst part, though. As his legs were scraping immaculate white floor in the tight hallway, his mind was wondering about his current situation. He just couldn't understand what was happening. What did they want from him?

They had dragged him to the big door leading in the white room with some kind of vertical table in the middle. It looked like it was made of his worst fears.

Now, it was much worse, but whatever.

They put him there and tided his hands, legs and neck. He learned that when they tie down his neck it is going to hurt really, really bad.

He wanted to scream hoping someone was going to hear him, but it was in vain. He couldn't even blink. The cold metal carved his wrists and the smell of chemicals made his head hurt.

The door beeped after some time and the doctor came in with a smile on her face. When he thinks of it now, it was quite deranged.

He actually thought in that moment that she was going to help him. For a few wonderful but short seconds he had hope. She didn't look like she wanted to hurt him. Her eyes, though, they spoke of another story he did not know how to read then.

She came closer and he got ready to be freed, but no... she took a knife from the table beside him and first cut his shirt. He was so confused then.

He wanted to ask her what she was doing, but he couldn't. He couldn't do a thing – just watch...and feel.

She got up, turned the camera on and looked straight at it.

"Patient no. 16 – young boy, probably 12 years old. Seems healthy and intelligent. It is...erm", she said looking at the clock on her hand, "12:43, day 1, experiment no. 1. We'll see how he bleeds"