Chapter 18 II King's sister

Layla's POV

I got the clothes on Friday. I was going to give Rose hers but she shot me out. So I was going to surprise her today.

I haven't seen Luke for three days and I just missed him.

Day was so beautiful today that it made me smile.

As I was going to her place when the beeping started. I sighed and changed the direction. There couldn't be just one direction. Ha, see what I did there. One direction? I wonder if they are alive.

The king came and he looked pissed off. He said something about his sister and left. I chuckled at the drama and other people's faces.

King did look devilishly handsome, but he was just not my type.

And who was my type? Maybe some dark and mysterious kind of guy that every girl hates and loves in the same time.

Look don't get me wrong, I'm just being honest. Every girl wants bad boy in some point, even if they don't admit it.

And by bad boy I mean Adrian style, not Cole or Ethan style.

They are just disgusting.

And by Adrian's style I don't mean Adrian because of obvious reasons whose names start with R, if you get me.

There is some kind of chemistry between them and everyone can see it... except the two of them. It is that or they are just being stupid.

On the other hand my type could be someone good. Someone who would keep me like a drop of water on the top of his palm and who would do everything in his power to make me smile. Someone like ...

"Layla!"- I heard my name being called. That brought me back to reality. 

Sometimes I think that when we lose ourselves in thought, it is just writer explaining our actions and our mind. That would be fun; being someone's fictional character. When I think of it, my life would definitely make the hell of a good book.

"Did you not hear me or you're just playing dumb?"- Rose asked.

"Is there a difference?"- I asked.

"What are you doing here?"- she said ignoring my question.

"Looking for you"

"Why?"

"I got something for you"- I said and smiled.

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"We got our clothes, Ma-Lea made it happen"- I said excited. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I don't understand you. The so called king just said that he will erase our existence from this planet and you're thinking about clothes"- she said.

"Well, at least I will die in nice clothes, and if you don't want yours, I will take it"- I said cheerfully.

"I will kill you one day"- she said seriously. I just laughed.

"So, hmm... I have something to show you"- she said and took my hand.

"What?"

"You know that king that just came here looking for his sister..."- she stalled. Dammit, Rose!

"Oh, no you didn't..."

Kayden's POV

I was sitting in one of dangerously comfortable chairs in Adrian's place with cigarette in my hand. It wasn't as good as alcohol but it helped. Adrian was very upset that he let me have it in his presence. He didn't even notice it.

He was pacing around the room.

"Can you stop please, you're making me want to rip your head off"- I said.

"I can't"- he just answered.

"You're acting like a girl"

"And you're acting like a d..."

"Wow, wow, bratu calm down, no need to curse. You wouldn't want to lose your soul"

"Bugger off"

"Fuck you"

He smiled with no humor and continued pacing. I rolled my eyes and threw my cigarette out of the window. I appeared in front of Adrian and stopped him. He was angry, worried and sad all because his sister had disappeared and he could do nothing about it.

"Kael will handle it"- I said looking right into his eyes.

"What am I supposed to do? Just stand here and wait"

"Yes, exactly that"

"You don't understand"

"I am worried about her too, okay! You're not the only one. Now calm yourself because there is nothing you can do, especially when you are acting like a girl"

He rolled his eyes but I could see that he wasn't that angry anymore. I grinned.

"It's my fault"- he said after we sat.

"Why would you say that?"- I asked him.

"Because I made her angry and she ran away"

"Dude, you're giving yourself too much credit"

"No, it is true", he said and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes he could be very stubborn, "I just don't know what to do. I can't be her mother and father; I can barely keep my head on my shoulders without any trouble"

"Kael is her brother too"

"He's the king; he doesn't have time for anything"

"Well, I'm still here, so... I'm going to say this only once so you better remember it - you can always count on me"

He smiled.

"Thank you, it means a lot"

I patted his back. This was getting way to mushy for my taste.

"Anyways, I need to run. My crazy mother is expecting me"- I said and got up.

He laughed quietly and stood up.

"It is good having you back...from time to time"- he said.

"Aw, that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard"- I said in girly voice. He punched me and I grinned.

After that I headed to my mother's place. My car was going as slow as it was possible. Why couldn't she just leave me alone? She certainly didn't have problem with that twelve years ago.

I parked in front of her house and sighed before I entered. She was making something in the kitchen.

"Here I am. What do you want?"- I asked.

"Kayden, darling come here"- she said in sweet voice.

"What do you want?"- I repeated. She looked at me with sad eyes that started to water.

Just don't cry again, please - I thought to myself.

"I just want you to come home"- she said. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"Kayden please, don't turn your back on me"- she cried.

"Can you please just leave me alone"- said as I faced her. Her tars meant nothing to me. She was the one who turned her back on me.

"You can't be alone. I'm your mother. I will protect you."- she mumbled.

"From what? Darkness? Monsters? Knifes? Needles? Pain? 'Cause I already lived through it all. Nothing more horrible than what I've been through can happen to me"

"You need love, you need your mother"- she insisted.

"I don't need anything, certainly not from you"- I said and left. I could hear her yelling after me.

She was saying something about the light I have in me and how should I let it shine.

Light?

Funny.

I've been in dark for so long that I can't even remember what that is.