Chapter 28 II What's happening

A bit of Daniel on the side and pretty long chapter. So, what do you say: are things happening too fast? Do you like the storyline so far? I love reading your comments so whatever is on your mind I'd like to hear. Don't be shy...

____________________________________________________

A week later

Rose's POV

I was running around half naked trying to find my black sweeter. It was gone. Completely. Vanished.

I sighed and decided that I have no more time. I was already late. I put on my skinny jeans and some kind of baggy black shirt. I wasn't even looking.

"Rose", Luke called me as I was leaving.

"Can it wait? I need to go now", I said quickly.

"I need just one second. Can you give this to Nimueh", he said giving me a letter with puppy eyes, "and you forgot your bag"

"Of course and thanks", I said smiling as I took my bag and letter running out. Luke was so adorable that I was not sure if I'd be able to leave him if I stayed there for a second later. Ah, young love...so sweet and joyful.

I went straight to the door. Layla was sick last few days so it was just me running around in cold weather there few days.

After that incident a week ago, we kind of didn't talk about it. Kayden asked us not to tell Adrian anything about it. It was none of our business, so we said that I won't tell.

I jumped over knocked off box and went through the door. Everyone was waiting for me. I sighed and ran into bus.

I sat on my seat ignoring weird looks everyone was giving me.

Ride was long enough for me to catch my breath. I was not a runner. Running was definitely not my thing. No more running. I need to remember that next time when I decide to take extra five minutes.

When we came to the school I walked out ignoring Daniel who was trying to say something. It was intentional, like really deliberately done on purpose. Layla and I agreed that it was the best way to teach him a lesson. I think it kind of worked, because he did apologize... to two of us and not the person he should, but it was progress.

I was speed-walking through almost empty hallways when someone caught my hand. I spun around and hit hard chest.

Before I could get the hang of situation I was thrown into one of empty rooms. It was a bit dark, because windows were covered with thick red curtains. Desks were pressed close to each other meaning that this classroom wasn't in use.

I lifted my head to see, no one other than Adrian with playful smirk on his face.

"You scared me to death, jerk", I said hitting his chest. He caught my hand and pinned me to the wall. I smiled and he came even closer, closing every bit of distance there was between us.

"Me? You know I would never..." he said directly into my ear. I chuckled as he started leaving little kisses all over my neck leaving trace of tingles wherever he touched me. I closed my eyes enjoying his presence. It was weird how much I liked being with him.

I took his head in my hands and opened my eyes. His hair was a mess, but it looked so good on him. I doubt that my messy hair made me look that hot.

He was looking at me with those beautiful green eyes that were leaving me breathless and I just couldn't help myself. I was drowning in them.

He reached for me, his hand brushing a strand of hair off my cheek. As it slid so lightly past my ear, his thumb rubbed softly caressing my earlobe. His fingers supported the back of my head as he leaned in and firmly yet seductively placed our lips together. He pulled my body closer and embraced me. Holding him tightly against me I felt the race of our hearts as one.