Chapter 6 II I love you

Sooo, we have Robbie Amell as Daniel on the side

_______________________________________________

"Come on, he is not worth it"- Daniel said. Layla took my hand and dragged me to the classroom.

Daniel and I were friends before all of this happened, but we kind of distanced from each other in region. He was always the nice guy, also the most popular kid in school and my best friend. He is quite handsome with his blue eyes and black hair.

On the day of attack he lost his parents and his older sister. He was alone with his grandpa in region. I tried to get to him, but he didn't let me, so I gave up. Maybe I shouldn't have.

We walked in the classroom and took seats one by another near the window. Chairs in the classroom were arranged in semicircles and every one of them had a little extension that was used for writing - I guess. In front of them was some kind of device that I didn't know for what it's used. Six of us were alone in there for quite some time so we started talking.

"Class, be quiet"- women in her early thirties said as she came in.

A few students followed the women, twelve to be precise. They took the rest of the seats. I glanced towards them and saw that they were sitting there scribbling around, whispering and quietly laughing. They seemed so normal, except of those eyes.

I turned back to Layla and saw that she was nervously looking at something, or someone. I turned in direction she was looking, and spotted the one person I really didn't want to see - the guy from the hallway.

"Shit"- I thought out loud.

"I beg your pardon?"- the lady said. I turned to see her looking at me annoyed. I cleared my throat not knowing what to say.

"I asked you a question"- she said.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you"- I answered with a fake smile.

"I asked: do you like it here?"

"Well, I did like it here...", I started to say when I felt Layla poking me with a pen, "... I mean, yes, I really do"

"Good. Now, we will introduce ourselves to one another. Some of you may know me, but for sake of you who don't I'm Ma-Lea, biology teacher, but you should call me Ma-Lea and I'm your formmistress – you call it like that, don't you?"

"Narve larte mis karmo ovni, mis nashe nor hta"- I heard someone say.

"We use English."- teacher said.

"I said of course that we'll call you like they do, we ..."

"Enough, I know what you said, Adrian. I meant we use English here, but it doesn't mean that you can say what you want, especially when I am here"- she cut him off. I turned to see who was speaking, and it was him. Who else would it be?

Adrian murmured something else and kids around him started to laugh. Teacher ignored them and pointed at me. I gave her confused look not knowing what she wants.

"Your name, sweetie"- she explained.

"It's Rose, I mean Rosemarie Adams"

"Good, next to you are...?"

"Layla Hunter"- Layla said with a big smile. She seemed like she enjoys all of that school drama.

Everyone started saying their names. I noticed that aliens have just one name, I mean they don't have last name.

"Now that we all know each other names, we can get to work. This year biology is very interesting. We will learn about our body and human body and a lot..."- she started saying. I stopped listening after about second sentence. I didn't think about anything in particular; just draw random circles, triangles and spirals on my notebook.

Classes ended a few hours later. When we were leaving school, everyone stared. I was just trying not to repeat the scene from earlier. Their eyes still freaked me out. They looked so out of place here. When I saw bus I just had that feeling in my chest, I can't explain it. Only thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to go back to the hell hole called region.

But I had to.

When the main door closed behind me, I suddenly felt cold. I said my goodbyes to everyone and went back to my apartment.

Apartment. Well, that's one way to call it.

Luke was there when I walked in. He was building some kind of small house I one corner of room. When he saw me, he ran to me and hugged me with a big smile on his face.

"Did you eat?"- I asked him as he was walking back to his little piece of art.

"No"- he responded.

"Why? There's a lot of food in the kitchen."

"That's your food. I didn't earn it. I'm not a thief"

"Luke", I started, "You're living with me. We're team and teams do everything together, teams share food."

"But I didn't do anything for that food, I don't deserve it."- he was being stubborn now.

"You didn't, but I love you so everything I own you own"- I said in one breath. I didn't believe what just came out of mouth. I didn't say I love you to someone in a long time. It felt good.

"You love me?" he asked with hope in his eyes, "You don't even know me"

"I do love you, it doesn't take much time for someone to start to love you, and you're very lovable"- I explained. He smiled widely and went back to building. A small smile was stuck on my face.

I went in the kitchen and made sandwich for Luke. I wasn't that hungry because I already ate at school so I just sat there watching him eats.

Rest of the day I spent playing with Luke. My father didn't come home. Sometimes he did that because he had a lot of unfinished job, but I think that he was avoiding me at the time. He just didn't want to answer my questions.

Before I fell asleep, an image of a person I never expected to see appeared in my head.