Chapter 43 II The Talk

Rose's POV

"Leave me alone, Bubble-but", Layla mumbled weakly pushing me away. I sighed and looked away. Luke shrugged trying to keep the smile from spreading all over his face.

"Come on, get up", I said shaking her, "we need to talk"

She just mumbled something and turned away from me. I came here two days ago, but I couldn't force myself to do the talk. After that I went back home and fell asleep... if it can even be called like that. When I woke up, I found out I was out for a day and a half. Also, I was freezing most of the time. Maybe I should be worried?

Luke giggled and I got up, snatched out of thought. Guess that we're doing this. If she wants to play, I'll play.

Luke gave me questioning look as I went to the small bathroom-like room and filled one glass with coldest water I have ever touched. I smiled to him and went back to her bed.

That bed looked incredibly warm and spilling water on her would most definitely change that. I dipped my hand in the glass and sprinkled those ice-cold drops of water in her. She twitched a few times and quickly opened her eyes.

"Jerk!" she screamed pushing me away and I stated laughing. She sat up abruptly and looked around with red, angry eyes.

"You are definitely not going to win Marshmallow Mama award today", she snarled and I laughed even harder. As she walked by me, she hit me with her shoulder and continued to the bathroom. I took that opportunity and jumped in her bed trying to repel the coldness.

"Come quickly", I whispered to Luke and he ran to the bed. I lifted the covers and he jumped in by me giggling. I hugged him tightly. He was so warm.

"I think I'm going to use you as my personal heater", I said and pulled him closer.

I could almost feel him frowning so I did the same.

"Rose", he said, "you are way too cold; are you sure you're not sick?"

Right in that moment Layla came back yawning loudly.

"Don't worry kid, that just her natural state, you know, because being extreme sloth is very heat-demanding", she said and yawned again.

"Look who's talking", I retorted and Luke smiled again. Layla raised her eyebrows and threw a pillow from Luke's bed on my face.

"You Fartface", I said dramatically and threw it back. She casually fell on her butt as she tried to dodge it. I was sent a dangerous glare as she got up.

"Act your age, Rosemarie Adams"

"You started it"

"I really cannot remember who came to my room and murdered my sleep"

"Neither can I"

We looked at each other for a few moments in staring contest. Artificial tension increased as she slowly bent down not looking away and took the pillow.

"Don't you dare", I said narrowing my eyes. She did the same and wiggled her eyebrows dangerously.

She let out loud battle cry and jumped with the pillow on top of the two of us. Her weight combined with gravity and incredible force she put in the jump and directed mainly at my stomach had forced out all air out of my lungs. Luke yelled and started laughing along with Layla and me.

She definitely should have trained for professional wrestler. With so little mass she is able to do so much damage that I can't even think what would happen if she had some meat on those heavy bones.