Chapter 19 II We need to talk

Rose's POV

"What will you do with her?"- Layla asked me.

"I don't know, I couldn't just left her there to die from coldness or those stupid men"

"Yeah but what now? You can't just go to the front door like: Can you help me I found this little girl and I think that she is king's sister"- she said trying to impersonate me.

"First thing: I don't talk like that, second: I have a plan and third: Luke likes her"- I said raising my fingers.

"Okay little miss know-it-all, what is your plan?"

I stood silent for few seconds not knowing how to explain.

"Well, I'll ask Adrian for help"- I said quickly and waited for teasing to begin.

She looked at me while she was thinking. If only I could know what was happening in that head of hers.

"Good", she just said and then continued, "What if your father comes back?"

She had the point. I didn't think about it.

"He is rarely coming home. I don't think that he will suddenly decide to be a father"- I said after I gave it some thought.

"So we just have to hide her till tomorrow then?"- she asked.

"I think so...yes"

Layla looked at the girl.

She was playing with Luke. They looked so innocent. This morning they asked me why they couldn't play outside.

I didn't know how to answer that, so I just said something stupid and they looked at me like I was crazy.

"Look at them; they don't care who is human and who is Ultrrian. Why can't we be more like them?"- Layla asked.

I sighed and gave Layla a side hug. She hugged me back and we just stood like that for few moments enjoying each other's company.

She decided to stay at our place.

We spent whole Sunday with Luke and Nimueh. Only time we went out was when Layla and me had to go to the hospital to tell them we couldn't help today.

On our way back I overheard a conversation.

"Only thing left to do is wait for little brat to try to run away"- a man with raspy voice said.

I pulled Layla to the wall and before she could protest I put my hand on her mouth.

She licked it.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Shut up"- I whispered annoyed.

"She'll have no idea what happened to her and the traitor who hid her will be six feet underground when I find out who it is"- another man said.

I had a slight feeling that they were talking about me.

"That is just beginning, boss has big plans for little princess"- the first one said again.

I gasped.

They were talking about us.

Men turned our way.

Layla tugged my hand and dragged me away from our hiding-spot.

We speed walked till we entered my apartment.

"What the hell did you get yourself into?"- Layla asked angrily.

I bit my lip as I thought about my current situation. Little innocent girl was in my apartment. She was wanted by her brother and by some idiots.