Chapter 23 II I can't be hurt

Layla's POV

I saw Adrian disappearing with Rose and Nimueh. I closed my eyes and sighed in relief knowing that they were away from danger. That relief was short-lasting, because as soon as I opened my eyes I saw the end of the gun, the not-that-good-actually-very-dangerous end of the gun, pointing at Kayden who was still in front of me.

"Go get them you idiots"- bald dude, who had us on gunpoint, yelled.

"I wouldn't suggest that, my friend"- Kayden said and everybody froze from his voice. There was something about him that made seven gang members shit their pants.

"Shoot him, Daren"- one of the men said to the bald one.

That seemed to bust Daren's confidence and he quickly pulled the trigger. Kayden was surely fast enough to move away which leaves me as the future bullet holder. I closed my eyes in fear. I was way too young and beautiful to die. I had so many things to do...

When pain didn't come I opened my eyes.

Kayden was still standing on the same place not making a sound.

Daren had horrified facial expression.

I was confused. What happened?

Nobody moved.

Nobody talked.

All I heard was my own breathing.

"Well, that was stupid"- Kayden said breaking the silence. Still, nobody did anything. They just looked at him with horror on their faces.

Everybody was expecting from him to do something. He just stood still in front of me. I couldn't see his face, only his back. I have to admit - he has a nice behind, but besides that I could see he was bleeding. He took a bullet for me. Why would he do that? Why does Kayden do anything anyway?

Suddenly he disappeared in thin air, just like that.

Everyone, including me, was looking around confused.

"They took the beast, he probably went with them"- a man tried to explain.

"He wouldn't just leave this one here"- Daren said pointing at me and they started arguing.

"Why not?"- Kayden's voice filled the air.

Once again, everyone gasped.

Kayden liked playing games and this was just one of those games.

If this happened yesterday I would just called him a monster, but now I was trying to find the reason why he did what he did. He changed the way I see him and now there was no going back. I didn't know if I liked it.

"She means nothing to me"- he said again and everyone started turning around directing their weapons all around the place.

"Why did you come back then?"- someone very close to me asked. Men turned to me. I looked at them confused.

And then it hit me. I said it.

A dark laugh came from my left and I turned.

Kayden stood there with those super-glowing eyes. He was looking at me. I tried to read his expression but his face was blank; no emotion, nothing. I also noticed a blood stain on his white shirt. It was expanding and blood as dripping on the ground. That must've hurt.

"Okay this is getting boring, time to put an end to it"- he said and disappeared again.

No one moved.