Chapter 50 II They can never know

Kayden's POV

I woke up suddenly, as I always do. There is no gradual passing of the line between sleep and wakefulness; I am either here or not. My eyes darted to a particularly loud clock on the wall. I was surprised to learn that I slept for most of the night. It seemed to me, that human touch could somehow pacify the horrors of the night, just as it could heal. The theory, however, had a flaw in that it was limited to one specific human. The weight of her little brunette head on my chest reminded me of her presence. I could feel her drawing random shapes on my stomach. She must've been awake for some time.

I glanced up at the mirror on the ceiling. A brown-haired, pale guy stared back at me with an empty gaze. I looked terrible in the morning. My naked body was partly covered by her small, bare form. Her hair was scattered on my chest, where she lay still. She was uncharacteristically quiet. It began to unnerve me. I expired and readjusted. She was still unbothered, deep in thought. I moved my gaze from the mirror to her head, which rested on me. My fingers were lightly caressing her back. What was she thinking about?

I flipped her over and pinned her to the bed. She expired, surprised. I smiled, pressing my nakedness onto her. She was always so warm. The touch of her naked skin sent chills down my whole body.

She wiggled and looked deep into my eyes with her chin held high. Her hands slowly made their way down my back as she hovered with her lips just bellow mine.

"I need to go", she drawled, rubbing against me provocatively.

"No", I stated, nibbling on her neck. She chuckled.

"It's late", she continued, "and you have a meeting with your friend, remember?"

I exhaled irritated and relaxed my body without notice, dropping the whole weight on her. She protested and tried her hardest to move me away. Her frustration grew as she realized she was trapped. I laughed sincerely.

"Move your fat ass, jerk", she commanded, "you're suffocating me!"

"No"

"Don't be so stubborn!"

I laughed.

"Move!"

She wiggled energetically. No progress. She growled and stopped moving, breathing heavily. I lifted myself up slightly, touching her nose with my nose. I could see she was flustered. I gave her a small smile. And a small kiss on the lips.

Then I threw myself off of her. I looked around for my clothes. They were nowhere to be found.

Layla was getting her panties on.

"What do you have to tell him?" she inquired, "Does it have anything to do with Rose?"

I raised one eyebrow. "You're awfully curious this morning."

"I'm always curious", she disputed, rolling her eyes, "he also gave you a pretty nice beating yesterday."

I chuckled as I pulled a new pair of underwear from the wardrobe. "I sometimes forget he's a royal pure-blood pup."

"Aren't you two cousins?"

"We are."

She paused as she got up and picked her red dress up from the floor. "You're awfully noiseless this morning."

"I'm always noiseless", I mimicked her.

She looked at me disapprovingly and shook her head.

"Take me back to the region, lover-boy", she said when she was finally dressed up. I stared at her.

"What do I look like to you?"

"Like my ride back home."

I huffed.