Chapter 12 II My beautiful little girl

Another pic of Rose on the side... enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm here"- I said and walked in empty bus. Guards were just standing on the entrance expressionless as always. Others followed me inside. I sat on my spot. Soon Layla appeared next to me.

"What are you wearing?"

"It's a long story"- I said and gave her the don't–ask look. She dropped the subject and started blabbing about meaningless things. I didn't listen to her; my mind was somewhere else so I just nodded to everything she said.

I didn't notice when we came to the region so I didn't immediately get up. That obviously pissed of guards that were already spent quite some time waiting for me so one of them punched me with the his big gun in the back. I hissed. I could feel that one of the scratches opened.

"What the hell man"- Daniel yelled at him. Guard gave him death-glare, but that didn't silence him.

"You can't act like that to us"- Layla joined him.

"It's fine, let's just go"- I said.

"It's not fine, he made you bleed"- Daniel said.

"Oh God, Rose, does it hurt?"- Layla asked.

We were still at the bus and guard seemed like they are running out of patience and that they are going to start shooting us if don't start moving.

"Who is making a scene now?"- I asked as I passed them on my way out. They followed still ready to fight.

* * *

When I finally convinced Daniel and Layla that I'm ok, I went home. Luke was there like always waiting for me. Only thing unusual was that my dad was there too. When he find out about Luke he wasn't happy, but eventually he made peace with the fact that he lives with us now. That doesn't mean that they get along.

"Rosy, you're home"- my dad said.

"Yeah, so are you", I responded and then looked at Luke, "Did you eat?"

"Yes"- he said and I nodded approvingly.

I sighed and went to bathroom to change. Luke followed me.

"What's up with your shirt?"

"I lost it"

"So, who's shirt is that? Is it from your boyfriend?"

"I don't have boyfriend"- I simply answered.

"But it's a male shirt... and you have blood on it. What happened?"

"Nothing, it's a long story"

"Well I have time"

"I'll tell you later, okay?"

"Fine by me. So, what are we doing today?"- he said changing the subject. I was now in comfy clothes.

"Whatever you want"

He smiled.

We went out and my father was sitting on the bad thinking. It was weird having him around.

"Can we talk?"- he asked.

"Of course"

"I'm going to go to Layla's"- Luke said.

"Just be here before sundown"

"Aye, captain"- he said I deep voice and I smiled.

When he left I turned to my father. He looked tired like always. I was wondering does ever he sleep.

"Honey, I know that I'm not around much, but that doesn't mean that I don't care about you or that you can't talk to me"- he said and I was just standing there not knowing what to say. I didn't expect that.

"I know"

"I don't know if I say that enough, but I love you. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes of course", I made a slight pause, "Why are you saying all of that to me?"

"I just need you to know", he sat on the bed and I sat beside him, "So, how is school?"

"Well, I would've liked some heads up next time you try to infiltrate me and my friends into Ultrrian society"

He smiled and hugged me.

"My beautiful little girl"- he said as he kissed my forehead.

We stayed like that for some time and then he said that he has to go. I just nodded. When he left I stayed alone in bed. My beck still hurt a bit, especially now, but the pain wasn't as strong as it was before.

Somehow, Adrian ended up showing on my mind. It wasn't the first time. He tended to do that lately, it wasn't my fault.

And just like that I fell asleep.