Chapter 40 II Fine

Rose's POV

Sun rays touched my face lightly. I opened my eyes and turned around in that unbelievably cozy bed. The fresh scent of the sheets satisfied me in some way. I sighed in satisfaction. I could hardly remember when the last time I slept so well was.

I needed this, especially after the last night. Detailed explanation of the situation that happened yesterday demanded by Layla exhausted me to my limits so I fell asleep. I had in mind to ask Layla what happened to her when I wake up, though.

I looked around trying to find her, but she was nowhere to be seen. Vast luxurious room was empty and only thing I was able to hear was my breathing. I sat up with covers wrapped around me and just stared down thinking. Locks of my hair fell on my face, but I ignored them. I still couldn't believe I lived through that emotional rollercoaster yesterday. I snorted and started twisting the end of the cover.

Things were happening really fast, but I guess that life never waits so you can jump in and try to follow its pace or let it run over you. I was determined to at least try to catch up. Living is about loving, but not necessarily people. The most important thing is to love what you do with your time, and if anything, these last few weeks I definitely wasn't wasting it.

I lifted my head and removed my wild hair from my face. I noticed the white door, probably bathroom, and quickly jumped on my feet.

Hot bath sounded extremely alluring considering I haven't taken one in more than a year. I ran there and, when I saw big bathtub, I almost cried of happiness. I know it seemed bit too overdramatic, but... hot water – not common thing in region.

I let water fill the tub completely while I prepared my new clothes and put them on the bed. Then I finally got out of that ridiculous pajama-suit they gave me and went to the bathroom again. I closed the door and jumped in. Hot water relaxed my muscles and I closed my eyes. It felt like I was sitting on a cloud. For some time it seemed like the best place to spend the rest of my life. That was my happy place. I was in love with it.

I let out a deep breath and slowly dived in water letting it clear my mind of every thought.

Every drop of that liquid caressed my skin in the most beautiful way. For a moment I went under water and let the quietness heal my broken mind. I opened my eyes and looked up ignoring burning sensation of water on my eyes. I saw my hair floating around carelessly. The surface seemed so far away even though I knew it was only few inches above me. Sun rays played there freely and made the surface itself look like it was made of diamonds.

Slowly I started to feel my chest hurting so I emerged out of it.

I stayed in there for quite some time and when I finally decided to go out, water was almost completely cold. My fingers were wrinkled and I smiled at the sight of them. That didn't happen to me in a long time.

I took a soft towel that was laid by the sink and wrapped it around me. I opened the door and right that second cold air rushed in creeping in my bones and making me cringe.

I jumped from one leg to another trying to warm up. I hopped to the bed and grabbed my underwear. I put them on quickly and started to look for the rest of my clothes.

"Looking for this", I heard familiar voice from behind me. I quickly took the towel and put it around me as I turned to her.

"Geez, Layla"

"Oh, don't pretend to be shy with me; I've seen your ass before", she said handing me my clothes "and everything else". I glared playfully at her for a second and took it.