Chapter 9 II Electricity discharge

Emery on the side...

________________________________________________

Ripping that door is not a big deal for them. I learned that later. It seems that every Ultrrian can do it because they are super strong and super fast. That make me sleep a lot better at night, I mean knowing that every last one of our invaders is a living supermen.

For the next few days Adrian and Kayden were the talk of the school. Especially Kayden. He was supposed to be dead, but he's not - that much I figured. I saw him twice this week and I could tell that he's very sarcastic and that he has no shame. However, there was something dark about him and when I say dark; I mean really dark in terms of run-for-your-life dark.

Adrian on the other hand I couldn't figure out. He doesn't talk a lot like Kayden, but when he does it's not good. That bit of guilt that I had on the begging of the week disappeared by the end of it.

Two of them were usually absent, so that was good. On the last day of that week they decided to show up.

They seemed angry with each other; they fought quietly in that other language.

"You're a stupid, brain-dead, moron"- Kayden said.

"No, that would be you, idiot"- Adrian responded.

"Okay, you don't want do it, then don't, but I will"

"Kayden, listen to me you asshole, I told you it was stupid idea. I won't let you do it"

"I'll be fine"

"I'm not worried for you, jerk"

Then they started arguing on the other language again.

"Well, that was intense"- Layla stated.

"At least you're spared from other part of conversation"- said the girl sitting nearby. She had light blond hair, blue eyes and bright red lipstick. She was very tall, about 5'11.

"That bad?"- I asked.

"It's burning my ears"- she answered.

"Anyways I'm Emery"- she continued with a smile on her face.

"I'm Rose and that's Layla"- I said and put out a hand. She looked at me and than in my hand.

"You're supposed to shake it. It's how we, you know, do it"- Layla explained.

"Oh - okay"- she said and started to shake my hand. The second she touched me I felt electricity going trough me and slight tickling around my eyes. In the same time her eyes started to glow harder.

"Shit"- I said and backed off. I examined my hand; nothing was wrong.

Emery looked as confused as I.

"What was that?"- Layla asked. That's when I noticed that everyone was looking at us. Dear God, how I hate attention - it's indescribable.

Emery's eyes went back to normal.

"Are you ok?"- everyone started to ask; some were asking me, some Emery.

Emery smiled and told them she's fine and I did the same. I suddenly felt happy and full of energy. I stated to laugh. Emery looked at me for few moments and she started to laugh, too.

"Rose, you're creeping me out"- Layla said.

"Come on...why... so .... serious?"- I succeeded to say in between few laughs.

"Are you sure you're fine 'cause you don't seem fine?"

"Yea, I'm fine. It's weird"- I said when I stopped laughing.

"It definitely is weird - I like it"- Emery said.

"I like you, we'll be friends"- I stated enthusiastically few moments later.

"Good"- she responded.

"What the fu..."- Kayden started to say when I cut him off.

"Don't say it"

Adrian gave me a weird look. It kind of bothered me. I mean everyone was giving me weird and confused looks, but his sobered me up somehow. I didn't like it. I frowned and looked away.

"Get back to your seats children"- teacher said as he came in.

"Should we tell someone?"- Emery whispered.

"I don't know"

"I saw Ma-Lea today; she seemed a bit on the edge, you should tell her, but some other day"- Layla suggested.

"It's not that big of a deal, it was just an electric discharge"- I said.

Layla frowned and quietly said: "Rose, your eyes were glowing"

I looked at her surprised not knowing what to say.

Classes passed by so slowly that it was killing me. Kayden skipped the last one and Adrian stayed. He looked nervous.

When the last bell rung everyone started to slowly exit the classroom. It annoyed me a lot. Just when I reached the door I heard Ma-Lea calling my name.

"Rose, I'll need to talk to you for a moment - about what happened today. Could you wait for me in classroom no. 3?"- she asked.

"Okay"- I said and walked to the classroom. I sat on the chair and sighed. I waited for about five minutes when I heard door opening.

"I just want to say that..."- I started to saying while I was zipping my bag.

I smelled some kind of weird scent.

I turned to see who came in.

No one was there.

I frowned.

Scent was getting stronger.

My head started to ache.

I inhaled deeply few times.

My knees started trembling.

I held on the table so I don't fall.

"W-who is h-here?"- I barely said.

My lungs were hurting.

Scent was just getting stronger and stronger.

I could hear my heart beating really fast.

My vision became blurry.

I couldn't breathe.

I fell on the ground.

A deep laugh was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.