Chapter 1

One Year ago..............................

"Miss Olivia, dinner is ready downstairs" one of our maid's named Gloria announced with a sweet smile on her face as she stood in the doorway of my bedroom. I gave her a huge smile and a curt nod, while thanking her. Gloria started working for us five years ago. She has been my only friend in this house even though she is seven years older than me. 

Before her I was always lonely and only had myself and our driver occasionally to talk to. She's the only person that I could ever call a friend that has been there for me when going through some lows in my life while living in this house.

As I made my way downstairs, I take in my surroundings of the house I grew up in. A lot of memories was made here. All the good memories, even though it was a short time, was made when mom was still alive. 

I still somehow remember her and the way she treated me with love and patience even though I was only five at the time. She died a month after my fifth birthday in a car accident, as I was told by my father. It was mostly her and I as dad was either always busy at the office or on business trips. 

Sadly, I never experienced having a father. He was even more distant after mom's death. At first, I thought it was because I looked like her, but I resemble him more than her. We have the same noses with pitch black hair and blue eyes. Mom was blonde with brown eyes.

A month after her death my dad brought home his new wife, Julia with her six-year-old daughter, Sophia. She is and still are a pretentious blonde with fake lips and fake boobs. 

I once overheard a conversation between her and her girlfriend who came over for lunch, while dad was at work, that Julia was his secretary, and they were having an affair a few years before mom's passing. 

She also mentioned that the relationship between mom and dad was over, long before her appearance in his life. Which does not make sense to me as he could have divorced mom, maybe she would have been alive today if they divorced.

I was shocked but were unable to do anything. She has never liked me and would treat me horribly regardless of dad being there. She would blame me for stupid things Sophia did, so she wouldn't be seen in a bad light by dad or anyone for that matter. 

Dad didn't act like he cared and only spoke to me if he was really required to. He only showed affection to Julia and her daughter who's not even his own flesh and blood. That is why I only go downstairs when I need to eat something because I don't go walking around where I am not wanted. 

They go on trips, have dinner at fancy places, and holidays, with me having to stay at home. I became use to that type of life but no kid should be used to being neglected by their parent.

When I was eight, I built up the guts and asked him why he never included me when doing family activities where Sophia would attend, but I was told to keep quiet and mind my business.

After that response, I never dared to ask again.

The only luxury I received was a driver taking me to and from school which also came to an end when I finished my senior year in high school a few months ago. 

Julia always made sure I received Sophia's hand me downs, so there was no need to really spend my father's money on me. Sophia made sure to remind me of that fact on a regular basis.

I would only get new things when dad said she must buy me stuff, which happened rarely, or if it was really necessary for me to have something. Sophia was always treated way better than me and got everything her heart desired. Clearly no hand me downs there.

Julia informed me about a year ago that I will be required to look for a job once I'm done with school, while dad didn't even blink an eye when she said that.