Chapter 15

Olivia's POV

"Why didn't you tell me that your dad is "Victor Scott, the property developer?"

My smile fell from my face, and it literally feels like someone pored a bucket of ice-cold water over me. Not because he saw my father, but because in my mind, heart, and soul I never intended to hear or see any of them again. The day I moved out of that place, was the day I buried the man I called dad with his family. He has never been interested in being a father.

"How did you find out that he's, my dad?"

He starts to explain how he received a message from his secretary informing him of an urgent meeting that cannot wait and that it is for an investment opportunity as the company has cashflow issues and need a loan to continue with their current project.

He walked up to me while explaining and took my hand and led me to the couch. He went ahead to explain how he always does in-depth research on people he borrows money to just in case they do not pay him.

Then came the part I was not prepared for. Someone wanted my mom dead and then caused it, and the perpetrator is still a mystery. I always felt something was off surrounding my mom's death, but I believe the truth always comes to light. So, I'm not really shocked about that one. I have my suspicions on who it is, but only time will tell.

The last part however, made me experience heart palpitations. I am the real owner of the company my dad "own".

"Babe?" He lifts my chin with his hand so that I can look him in the eyes. "What do you want me to do?"

"This change everything. I never wanted to hear from them, any of them ever again, but I need to put them in their place." I say as I look up at into Domenic's eyes.

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

"I want to find out who's behind my mother's death and while we do that, i want the company to go bankrupt. I want to destroy their money source that is keeping those snakes alive. I want them to experience what it is like to have nothing".

"Why do you want to destroy your legacy?"

"Would you drink from a well that's poisoned and besides I you don't miss something you never had?" I counter looking at him with my eyebrows raised questioningly. "And besides what are they worth now and what will they be worth after bankruptcy? The way they are carrying on now from what you told me they have exhausted all resources to try and get loans and are over their head in debt. The assets do not cover the debt by a mile. So, what is left of the company now, anyways. I will start a company with my own money. I will start small and grow bigger eventually".

Domenico envelopes me in his arms "You can do whatever you want, and I'll help you every step of the way, that's if you want my help." He says pulling away from me.

"Will you help me find out more about my mom's death, please?" I ask laying my head on his shoulder while he one arm is drapes over my shoulders as we stare into nothingness in front of us.

"Already on it, babe. Expect some info in a few days".

"We can discuss the company stuff later when you are done processing all this new information. I said I'd get back to him today, so, should I borrow him the money?" he asks.

"What happens if he doesn't pay you back?

"He is aware I am the Don of the Italian Mafia so he will not take chances with me. I also have contracts stating that if this deal fails his properties belong to me."

"Good, then I don't see any issues" I say.

"I'll go take a shower quickly" I say as I get up and walk to my room about to head into the shower to get this feeling washed off me. Domenico just remained seated but keeping his eyes focused on me. I just have this feeling that my dad and his wife killed my mom or at least one of them did. I just need to get to the bottom of this. I think to myself as I enter the shower and let my mind take time to process everything.