Chapter 41

I feel nervous at the realization there could be a possibility of me being pregnant and becoming a parent to a whole living being. I'm not sure if Domenico will be happy, but only time will tell.  It's not like i was rolling in the sheets on my own. 

That is how I'm feeling right now. A million thoughts and feelings. I'm not even done with my studies and a baby will have a huge impact on my plans. But other then that, i would be happy to see the product of the love Domenico and i share for each other.

So much has happened over the last few months since returning home, that not getting my period totally slipped my mind. In between the holiday, schoolwork and training, I don't think anybody would remember if their bodies doesn't warn them, like mine is doing now.

It might just be because of all the stress and the fact that I've constantly been busy. The vomiting could be because of something i ate at Domenico's parent's house. 

Right now, I'm thinking of all other possibilities besides the fact that i might be carrying a child.

We are currently on our way to the medical wing of the base to go and do some tests to confirm if I'm pregnant.

My boobs are tender, but I'm sure it's normal because it feels tender sometimes. I've never been pregnant, so i have no clue if the current symptoms are pregnancy related.

We arrive at the base and Domenico lead me to the medical wing. We are met with a beautiful blonde woman, with long blonde hair, who's probably in her late forties.

She introduced herself as Sandra. She started with asking when i had my last period and when i started feeling sick, with a lot of other questions in between.

After taking a blood sample, she asked me for a urine sample. I gave the sample and waited for the urine sample results as the blood sample results can only be obtained after five days.

I do my business and hand her the cup. She takes out a dipstick and insert it into the urine. We waited a few minutes.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs Mancini, you are pregnant with your first baby" the doctor says with a huge smile on her face.

"Are you sure" Domenico asks with a shocked expression on his face.

"One hundred percent Capo, but i would like to do an ultrasound to check the baby's gestation" she says while smiling at me.

I turn to look at Domenico's face and i can't confirm from his expression if he's happy or pissed.

"Please lay back on the bed for me, then we'll check how far along you are" the doctor says as she pulls machine with lots of buttons next to the bed.

I ease my way down on the bed.

"Please lift up your t-shirt" she asks and i do as she says and she squirt some gel on my belly.

"And here is your baby" she says as our eyes are focused on the screen. There's a little blob and it looks so small.

Then she switch the sound on. "and that is your baby's heartbeat"

I felt wetness of my eyes roll down my cheeks as i become emotional because of the small creation growing inside of me.

I turn to look at Domenico and he looks a little teary, but men were always better at handling emotions.

He held my hand the whole time and i didn't even notice because i was too consumed with my little peanut.

"You are exactly ten weeks along. Baby looks healthy and everything looks normal. I will be subscribing you some prenatal vitamins. You also need to eat healthy for baby's health but mostly for your own" She says as she clean my tummy with a tissue.