Chapter 52

Life doesn't come with any manual, that's why you treat people the way you want to be treated and you do everything in your power to protect the ones you love.

The ones that disrespect, hate and ill-treat you....well, it's only a matter of time before they will fall into the same hole they dug for others, because the life we live goes around in circles.

If your foundation is built on greed and evil, your own doing will be the cause of your demise. Like a snake eating its own tail.

Sometimes we are put on this earth to remind them of that fact.

The moment I left the base was the moment I became a threat to whoever was working against Domenico.

The whole vibe of the place was totally off and even the guys at the base were acting out of sorts. They were clearly treating me like I was an outsider by constantly watching and following me wherever I went inside the building.

Domenico's parents and Marco were nowhere in sight and that was the biggest red flag. They would give their own lives to save ours. Which brings me to the conclusion that they are either being held hostage or deceased.

I just hope that everyone I love is found alive.

Which brings me to my assumption that everyone has a price and can be bought. Max, however, is not the same and you could see someone was forcing him to stay in line. His eyes said it all, but I just hope that he takes the lifeline I threw his way.

Luca of all people were also different, like life just went on and there were no problems. I know all the pressure of running the Mafia is on him and that he must make sure everything functions while Domenico is out of commission.

So, I do get the fact that he's preoccupied, but he must surely know somethings up?

I knew I only had a short time to act once I left the base before someone would catch up with me. All I know is that I am 20 minutes ahead of them from my own prediction.

That's why I'm making the best with the time I have.

I take the second exit before heading into the city and drive along a dirt road until I see Demetri's men waiting for me.

They came with two black escalades with dark tinted windows waiting for me on the side of the road near an abandoned factory. As soon as I stopped, they stepped out and surveyed the area. Probably to check if anyone followed me.

Eight beautiful men dressed in black suits with muscles in all the right places stood in front of me stretching their hands out to introduce themselves.

After the introductions were established and Lev, Anton, Igor, Alexei, Pavel, Viktor, Akim, Ivan and I got acquainted they explained that they were my guards. Igor was Demetri's right-hand man and he explained how honored he was to be working with me, as I'm a celebrity. He should see me in my house clothes. It resembles homeless lady of the house vibes.

We proceeded to get into the vehicles and headed to our next venue.

After discussing our strategy in detail as we drove, I started to think about the unborn child I'm carrying and the fact that there has been no time to properly digest or enjoy the fact that I'm carrying a life within me.

I have been shot, almost raped and had to bitch slap someone and this little nugget decided to remain. That's why I have to do everything in my power to make the world around him or her calm by the time this child is born.

I am taken out of my stupor when Igor announces that we have arrived in his sexy Russian accent.

Gosh, if Domenico were to hear my thoughts now, I would be in deep shit.