Chapter 37

We got home 15 minutes ago from the reality check i gave my dad and his family. We also picked up some food at Mancini's along the way.

We got some lovely lasagne with green salad and garlic bread. We didn't have to wait because Domenico ordered as soon as we left and by the time we got there everything was ready. I'm busy dishing us two plates while Domenico took an urgent phonecall.

He entered the kitchen and sat next to me giving me a kiss on my cheek. We ate in silence for a few minutes before Domenico brought back memories of tonight.

"Tonight was interesting" Domenico says as he continues to eat.

"Thanks for playing along. I love it when you don't question anything and just play along. And the work you put in to get them to this state" i say.

"Anytime, but are you really putting them out of their house?" He asks.

"No, i just wanted them to understand what it feels like to have nothing. Taking everything from people who already has nothing doesn't make me a better person. I'll sign the house over to dad and what he does with it is none of my business. He is still my dad even though he doesn't feel anything for me. I'll ask my lawyer to give him a visit tomorrow and do the paperwork. I dont want to be selfish and keep a house that only holds bad memories for me".

"Do you want him in your life in the future?" He asks me.

I shake my head "i am done trying with him. He has treated me the same as he would a stranger. I don't have to put myself through unnecessary emotions, if i dont deserve it. That chapter of my life is closed now" i say as i give him a smile.

"Wanna watch a movie with me after we pack our stuff?" Domenico asks.

"I would love to, but what type of business will you be doing in Africa?" I ask as i put our plates in the dishwasher.

"I'm going to check out some guns and amunition at a legal gun manufacturing facility. But it will also be a nice holiday for all of us together for a change"

"But will they be selling to you after knowing your the boss of the Mob?"

"I have legal businesses too baby, and i'm using them to cover up the illegal side most of the time and to clean the money that comes in."

Domenico wraps his arms around my torso and gives me a soft kiss on my forehead. "Come let's head up" he says as he leads me upstairs.

"Everyone is coming, and that includes the girls too" he says as he takes out our suitecases.

"It's always nice to be in their company" i'm excited to see them. Can't wait.

After packing we got into some pj's and got some hot chocolate, and snacks. We then got settled in our bedroom.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Domenico asks while scrolling through the list.

"Anything, i'm not picky" i tell him.

We then settle for an action movie but i obviously fell asleep, not even halfway through the movie. I am however reminded that i'm sleeping next to a man that can never have enough of me in every sense.

-------

It's the next morning and we left home at about 5:00 to go to the private airfield which is 30 minutes away from home. We just arrived here and are busy boarding the plane. This one is black and looks different then the white one we always use. It has light beige interior with chestnut wood pannels and cabinets everywhere. Look expensive with the M logo for Mancini on it.

We are still waiting for the guys to arrive, aparently they had to stop somewhere.

After about 10 minutes, two SUV'S pulled up. As i stare out the window, i see Luca, Max, Rodger, Kate, Kai, Camilla, Tessa and Mia. "What!"

I say as i look at Domenico who just smile back at me. "You did this?" I ask him.

"Baby, they did it on their own with their boyfriends. I had nothing to do with this" Domenico says.

"Boyfriends? Since when do they have boyfriends? Unless...." I put two and two together in my head as there are only two single people, but before i could give him an answer we are bombarded with greetings and hugs from everyone.

"So, spill" i say while looking at Mia and Tessa. I'be seen them twice after returning and getting a scolding from them for disappearing.

"Well, you do remember your wedding" Tessa says while cringing "we hung out a few times after that and a few times became constantly, and one thing let to another. So, Luca is my boyfriend and Mia and Max are also dating" she says as eyes goes wide.

"Max?" I ask as i look at him because he rarely talks to us in a social setting.  Max just nod while glancing over to Mia and the love can clearly be seen in his eyes.

Luca and Tessa makes the perfect couple because she is a pure and friendly person and can easily be taken advantage of. She needs someone like Luca to protect her. Mia and Max, that is still something i have to see play out. How Max got Mia in his grip is still unbelievable for someone that doesn't talk.

Everyone is excited for this trip even though i'm still a little sceptical about traveling about to Africa.

The air hostess came around and got us to buckle up and get settled

Once we took off and were allowed to move around again, we were served some breakfast with coffee, juices and fruits.

"Guys, this will be a very long flight but it will be so worth it" Domenico says to the rest of the guys.

"How long will the flight be?" I ask Domenico.

"About 16 hours because we still have to refuel in Dubai, but that will go quick" he says.

I role my eyes at the amount of time we have to spend in the air.

"Baby, if we flew commercial it would have been more then 20 hours" he says smirking at my shocked expression.

We relaxed for about two hours with everyone minding their own business.  After that everyone got bored and decided to played some board games  and cards whilst sipping on some alcoholic beverages.

By hour 5 everyone decided to call it a night and rather catch up on some sleep. I probably slept a good four hours and we were still on this freaking plane.

I decided to take out my laptop and do some asssignments that i will not be doing while on holiday basicly.

When it was time to land i decided to have a look through the window and check out the outside while Domenico's eyes were on me. To say i was shocked at what i saw is an understatement and we didn't even land yet.

"I told you it would not be what you thought" Domenico says as hy takes my one hand in his and stroking my bare nuckles.

I just smile at him because i have no other comeback.