Chapter 5

Olivia's POV

I clearly forgot to close my curtains because the sun decided to disturb my peace, assault my face and It's still so early in the morning. 

I groan as I lift my but out of my bed. It is my off day and I have a list of things to do. First, must get groceries, clean my apartment, relax a bit before I must get ready for dinner with the girls.

Might as well get up and get the day started because I'm one of that people that can't go back to sleep my sleep was disturbed. 

I decided to get a gym session in as it is still very early, too early to head out for a grocery run. So, might as well get the day started. 

One of the main reasons I chose this apartment building was because it had a gym on the ground floor and cost are lot less than a normal gym would. 

I already took a hot shower last night, so I washed my face, brushed my teeth, put my hair in a bun and decide to get dressed in a pair of grey leggings and oversized t-shirt and hoodie. The hoodie's purpose is obviously to hide my body that I don't feel comfortable in, because I got a little chubby since a moved here. Cause I can eat what I want now, not what I'm allowed to eat at a certain time when people feel like serving it.

I took a towel and a water bottle from the fridge and headed downstairs with the lift. I do my stretches and decided to run on the treadmill for at least ten minutes. I don't think I will ever get used to this machine. 

I spent another thirty minutes on other exercises then left the gym with sweat running all over my body and into places I'm ashamed to mention.

When my body hit the shower I immediately felt relaxed. With the relaxation, my mind started drifting to meeting those two guys from last night. 

Mr. Silver is heavily tatted; it even reached his neck and hands. I didn't see any on the other guy that was visible. 

They looked like dangerous people, though Marco doesn't look dangerous, but they're family, strange... but for now I'll let it slide and who says I'll see those men again, anyways.

I better get out of this shower because I still have a lot to do, I remind myself.

I styled my hair into a ponytail and got dressed in a pair of high wasted jeans, crop top, black air force one's and, an NYU jacket. Even though the sun is out, New York is very chilly.

I leave my apartment building, walking pass a news stand when something caught my eye. 

The cover of a gossip magazine to be exact. "Victor Scott and his family at the Benson Foundation Gala" Don't they look like a happy family? 

Never saw my dad with such a huge smile on his face before, not even in previous newspapers. Maybe I was the reason for them being unhappy? 

Just the way his arms are draped over his wife and daughter's shoulders says a lot. He is proud of them being by his side. Am I really his biological daughter? I don't know why I still ask myself that question when I look just like him. 

Why would someone treat their own flesh and blood like trash though? I would probably never understand and will just have to deal with the hurt.

I shrug it off, or at least I tried to, but it remains in the back of my head for the rest of the day. 

After I packed away all my groceries and cleaned my place, I decided to read a book and take a nice relaxing bath to get rid of the negative thoughts. 

My outfit for the night was a little black tight-fitting dress with thin straps, small slit on the side and a pair of strappy heeled sandals, as it's Mia's birthday dinner and I cant look like a tramp in a fancy eatery. I also never dress up, so I'll give it a try.