Chapter 20

Domenico's POV

When I came back from the Scott's, I found my parents and Marco sitting with Olivia in the room. "Did you find out who did it?" Marco asks.

"The stepsister" I says as I go to her side and stroke her cheek. "I just came from their house" I say as everyone's eyes snaps to me.

"Why did you go there, son?" dad asks.

"I met the father Victor Scott about three weeks back when he came to my office for a loan as his business was struggling and he required financial help in order to complete a project. I Normally do my own checks before meeting with people that want investment from me, but the name Scott did not ring a bell at the time. I checked the personal file after meeting with him and saw big amounts of money being transferred that was hidden but later moved to a personal account. I then checked his personal file and saw Olivia's name, and everything made sense because she already told me about her past.

"What made sense?" mom now asks.

I told mom the same as that I told dad and Marco in Canada. She was shocked to say the least.

"At least she has us now and we will never turn our backs on her" mom says as Marco and dad nod in agreement.

"When she wakes up, we should make sure to show them which family she belongs to, now. I never had a child of my own, but she is my daughter and there is no length I won't go for her. When you marry her, I know that will be soon, we show her what real family means" Marco says.

I nod at his response. Mom is sitting and stroking her hand while wiping her eyes. She has always been sensitive to everything bad. I still don't know how she made it with dad till today but one thing I know is family means everything to her.

They still sat there for an hour and then left. I felt like laying with her in bed and cuddling next to her and holding her in my arms like we use to do but I decide to rather work on my shipments that is not being run by Rodger. We have to make up the money we lost, and he is the best guy for it. Luckily, I have someone running the company for me so there's no need to go there all the time. I only go in when I need to sign stuff or if people insist on meetings.

I just hope Olivia wakes up soon because I hate being with her but not really being with her. It kills me to see her like this. I'm not a religious man but I pray that God bring her back to me being her old self.

Two weeks later......

It has been two solid weeks and there was a slight improvement in her health, but the doctors are not optimistic at all, but I stay positive. I constantly talk to her like she's awake and I hold her hand at night when we sleep. I make sure there's new flowers every few days just to change things up. I try to send guys on missions and still run both the Mafia and company from here. Luca and the guys with their girlfriend's pop in here everyday to make sure I eat and the same with mom, dad and Marco. They also come every day and will sit until very late at night to chat. I just need my baby awake so I can marry her a make tons of babies with her and love her for the rest of our days.

I'm sitting on the couch; I moved in her room to make it feel more homy and typing away at orders I have to schedule to keep the product flowing. That's when I hear the machines go crazy and I snap my head to her bead. She's trying to pull out the tube. I make my way to her "Baby, relax, don't pull" the doctors come rushing in.

"Thank god, one of the doctors say" and I see they are busy removing the tube and taking off some unnecessary machines.

"What's going on?" I ask them even though I already know what's going on.

"Seems she's awake" the doctor says.

I smile at Olivia, who's eyes are on me the whole time. I took her hand after she was checked and re-checked, and the doctors explained to me that I shouldn't rush her to recover and that I must give her body time to adjust to being awake.

"Hey baby" I say and start to wipe a few tears running down her face. I hugged her for the first time in two weeks as I was only able to hold her hand or rub her cheek. "Everything will be fine, and I got to you in time. They did not have enough time to do anything to you" I assure her because I know that was her initial thought, that something bad had already happened to her.

"Ok?" I ask as I look her in the eyes and give her a soft kiss on her lips and she nods. I know her throat must be very sore from the tube that was down there for so long. "Do you want some water? I offer and she nods. I helped her sit up and gave her some ice chips to suck on.

The rest of the night was spent with us cuddled up next to each other. I have the love of my life back and that's all that matters.

The next morning, we woke up very early as it was still dark outside. She asked me to help her use the bathroom as she wanted to freshen up. I drew her a bath and helped her in with all the shyness from previously out the door. She didn't mind being naked in front of me, which told me she trusted me.

After her bath I made sure she ate. I told the doctor I'm taking her home to my place because I was no way over this place, and they agreed to come and check up on her twice a day. I settled her into the car and told her everything from beginning to end, not leaving a single thing out. I also told her about her friends that constantly tried to contact her, but she did not want to hear anything from them at this time. She felt that all her energy should rather be spent on recovering.

We reached home "Living room or bedroom?" I ask her as I carry her inside and before she could answer we were interrupted "Surprise!" Mom, Dad, Marco, Gwen, and Reece my sister. "Welcome back" Marco says while everyone stands there all smiles. I decided to walk to the walk to the living room and put Olivia down there. Her legs are a little weak, and I don't want her to walk on her own until all her strength is back.

"Hey Bro! Nice to see someone was able to melt that ice heart of yours" Reece says.

"HI, I'm Reece, this guy's the better looking one of the siblings and you must be my lovely sister-in-law I've heard so much about" she says while looking at Olivia. I know she does not have much energy after our trip home but she's trying to show them she does.

"HI, I'm Olivia, it's nice to meet you too" Olivia says with raspy voice while my sister is smiling back at her.

"Hey Darling, I hope you feel better soon. I made you some soups and dishes you can just reheat and let me know when you run out" Gwen says while Marco is just wiping his teary eyes. Damn this man has a soft spot for my Livy as he calls her. He just hugs her, and it is as if they're communicating in their own way.

Mom gave Olivia some chocolates and a whole lot of other snacks and a hug and dad did the same.

After we ate with my family, and everyone almost crying with joy seeing her we retreated to bed when everyone left. I was so happy to have her back and I could never imagine living my life without her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------