Chapter 45

The first thing I did after reuniting with the love of my life, was give relief to my bladder. That was the most pain I've experienced since I was shot, but what a relief. I found some clean old rags in the corner of this basement in a box, I soaked it then wiped all the old blood off Domenico and gave him a few gulps of water and I drank some myself. I know drinking from the tap is not ideal, but we need hydration if we want to stay alive.

His face was still swollen but the swelling on his right eye is better. The cut in his head will need stitched, but for now water and a rag is the only way I'm able to clean it.

"Thanks' babe" Domenico says in the softest voice laced with pain that can be seen all over his face. Those bastards did a number on him, but they will regret fucking with my husband. I will make sure of it.

"Anything for you babe" I say as i lay my one hand on his cheek that's not swollen and move my lips to his, to lay a kiss on it.

You can see even trying to speak is difficult, that's why he hasn't been that vocal. He most definitely has some broken ribs from the way he's moving.

"Try and rest so you can recover, so we can find a way to get out of this shithole" I say looking into his eyes with so much love and adoration giving him some reassurance, as he lay back down on the horrible looking mattress. Unfortunately, that's got to do for now because sleeping on the concrete floor in both our conditions are not an option.

Thinking of ideas to get out of here and finishing these people off before we leave this place is the only motivation for not giving up. Can't believe I came to the point in my life where I'm making decisions to off people, but I chose to be part of this life and the only way to survive is to fall in line and be the true Donna that I am.

I think I've already proven myself a bit when we were attacked the last time in the car chase, and now I will try and get us out of here. At the end of the day, woman will do everything to protect those they love and care for.

After I got Domenico settled, the door flew open. A guy buff guy with blue eyes and long black, greasy, matted hair stood in the doorway with a tray in his hand. Is hygiene just an issue for these people, or what? He also looks like he never smiled one day in his life.

He sat a tray on the floor then used the tip of his foot to slide the tray in our direction. one serving of something in a medium sized tub, two slices of bread and two bottles of water. As quick as he dropped the tray, that's how quick he also left.

We are being treated like dogs, and that pisses me off even more how these people have no regard for us. Who puts food on the ground that people must eat, but on the other hand, this is what this world is about. They have no regard for life itself. I asked Domenico if he knew these people, but he doesn't recognize any of them.

I picked it up and carried it over to the mattress and placed it down next to Domenico. He is laying on his side watching me as my gaze fell on the tray. A thick brown cold soup is in one medium sized tub, two slices of bread and the water.

"If we want to make it out of here alive, we have to get your energy up, ok?" I say waiting for a response.

"You should eat first. You're carrying our baby" he responds looking at me stretching his hand to rub my belly. His action is making my heart flutter as he's still looking at me with so much love in his eyes even though we are stuck in this horrible situation.

I shake my head in response "I have morning sickness and I constantly feel like I'm going to puke, so there is no chance I would be able to get the soup down, but I'll eat a piece of bread. Ok?" He nods. Thank goodness he agreed because I wouldn't be able to keep that gunk down if he insisted I should eat.