Chapter 36

It has been a whole month since we've been back and i'm loving every single moment of it so far. I have started my studies again and it's still online instead of attending.

My father has been bugging us for dinner at his place and we eventually decided that we would go. We're busy getting ready as we're going there tonight.

The idea bankrupting the company is slowly but surely working as Domenico is steering buyers away from that project and all other business they are busy with.

No buyers, equals no revenue stream. The company is hanging by a thread and word out there is not to do business with him as they will lose their money. Obviously there will be a lot of job losses but Domenico will be employing the people as soon as the company close down.

My heart would not be able to handle knowing i was the one responsible for kids not eating or people being homeless due to job losses.

It is December now and winter is in full swing. It is so freaking cold already and i think it might start snowing any day now. I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a knitted sweater and my lovely long coat with a pair of boots. Domenico got dressed in a suit and a coat over it.

We are busy driving to my dad's place and it's pitch dark outside.
"Baby, i have to go to Cape Town for business tomorrow and i want you to come with me" Domenico says while taking my hand and intertwining our fingers as his other hand is on the steering wheel.

"Cape Town as in Africa?" I ask as I frown. clearly having no clue what to expect. The information we receive about Africa are very limited, but if Domenico says we are going, who am I to decline his requests to see the world.

"Yup, Cape Town as in the one in Africa" he says as he smiles at my ignorance.

"Ok, as long as I'm able to spend it with you" I say giving him my confirmation.

"Oh Olivia, my lovely wife. I've booked us a house in Clifton next to the beach, so pack for summer and a lot of sexy bikini's"

After taking the last corner we arrived at my father's house and all the memories of this place and my childhood flood my memory. I sit for a good minute and stare at the door before existing the car and making my way to the door.

After ringing the doorbell, it's opened by Gloria and i engulf her with a hug before she could utter a word. she was so shocked to see me, i could see the tears in her eyes.

"Who's at the door Gloria". hear Cruella's (Julia) voice from somewhere in the house.

"It's Miss Olivia" she says as her eyes move over to Domenico.
"Gloria, this is my husband Domenico.  Domenico this is Gloria, the only person i had living in this house that loved me like a sister" i say smiling at her and she gives me a smile back.

" i missed you" she says before scurrying away down the corridor as Dad, Julia and Sophia make themselves known.

"Oh, Hallo Olivia and Domenico, so nice to see you again after all this time" dad comes and greet us with the two female dogs.

"Thank you for having us" Domenico says trying to be polite. I however keep my trap shut and just nod. Dad looks at me in disapproval but i really don't care.

"Hallo Domenico, where have you been all this time. It was like you dropped off the face of the earth" Sophia says only talking to him. So, she was keeping tabs on him. I role my eyes at this blond barbie with fake assets like her mother.

Domenico wraps his arm around me as we walk to the lounge and her eyes follows his movement.

"Olivia and i were living in Italy for some time" he lies as he looks down and smile at me.