Chapter 46

"Did you just hear what she said?" I asked Domenico with shock, sadness, pain written all over my face.

"Every single word, baby. The part that stood out the most was the part of her framing your dad for your mother's murder. We already knew it was her, but did your dad know he was framed? That's why your whole relationship with your dad never made sense to me. You should try and talk to him when we get out of here" he says as I lay next to him looking up at the ceiling.

"I have to do cleaning upstairs tomorrow" I turn to him with a huge smile on my face.

"What's your reason for smiling" he smirks, already knowing my intentions and I will use every minute upstairs to my benefit.

"It will give me the opportunity to check this place out and see how many people there are on the property" I say still sporting my huge ass grin, "and from the time we took to get here tells me we are still in New York or just outside".

"Yes, but while your there, try to stay safe. The Spanish Mafia has no respect for woman. That's probably why that bitch didn't grow up in the Mafia, but the apple didn't fall far from the tree regardless."

"I know baby but let me go and try the phone again" I say as I got up and tried to get signal from the same spot I stood in previously, but nothing. I kept on trying for another fifteen minutes but gave up eventually. These damn walls are too thick.

"I will try again tomorrow when I get out of this room. There should be signal upstairs."

"Yes, but you have to be very careful and to delete everything on the phone. Call logs, contacts, pictures, videos, messaged, everything that will indicate who the owner is at a glance" he says, and I nod then doing just as he said. After I was done, laid back next to him and wrapped my one arm gently over his body.

"How do you feel? I ask looking into his eyes.

"Much better after sleeping on a solid service for a few hours, but my ribs feels like it's broken and I'm in constant pain, but laying on my side seems to alleviate some of it. This is not the first time I'm sitting with broken ribs. So, don't stress too much about me" he says giving me his panty dropping smirk.

"I cannot help but to be concerned about you, but don't worry, we'll get out of here soon" I say rubbing his cheek and staring into his eyes.

"Then we can go for your checkup and hopefully we can find out what we're having" he says as I roll my eyes at his excitement for our little peanut. This man's hand has been on my tummy every opportunity that he gets. There's no bump displaying or curve yet, but I love his excitement and enthusiasm for the little life we created.

"It's still too early. We still have a few weeks to go" I give him a reassuring smile before we both fell asleep a few minutes later from exhaustion of everything that took place.

Next day............

We were woken up with grace the next morning as the door slammed against the wall. We did sleep, but not for long periods of time because who would be able to get a good night's rest in an environment like this. At the time the door slammed we were both awake already and talked our plan through beforehand. The guard did not have the decency to greet or indicate I must get up and just stood at the door waiting. This was the same guy that brought the food (gunk) yesterday.

I got up and made my way over to him and was lead through a long corridor with other cells. Ten in total to be exact. Why do they need to torture that many people at a time? Heaven only knows.

There was no way to see inside because of the steel doors but the stench that lingered down here indicates rotten flesh. Thank goodness I didn't eat yet because this strong smell will make anyone queasy, even though I constantly have a strong urge to throw up, nothing would be able to come up.