Eggs for breakfast

You both lay there for five minutes then he scoops you up in his arms bride style. You giggle as he kisses your face. "Time for breakfast" he sets you down and gives you a spin. Your laughter fills the room as he hugs you. "I'll make eggs and sausage." He winks at you before opening the door
     He walks to the kitchen and takes out the eggs. While he cooks you sit at the table. When he is done cooking he hands you the plate. "Thank you" you kiss his cheek then eat. He watches you eat and leans on his arm. He has been there for you since college. You depend on him and he gives you strength. If something happens to him you would be heartbroken. His blue eyes warm your chest and you smile.
      After eating you get up and clean the plates. You feel arms wrap around your waist. "I can't go to dinner tonight..." you lean on him. He hugs you tight giving you comfort.
     "It's alright." His work has been asking him to go over time recently. It's been stressful for both of you but his job pays well so you support him when he stays late. "I will see you tomorrow for dinner then?" You look up at him hovering over you, his brown curls falling over your face.
     "Absolutely." He kisses your forehead before going to take a shower. As you put the dishes up you feel like something is wrong. Before you can think about it to much, you shrug it off and wipe your hands dry.
     You head to the room and open your computer. The feeling fades but stays in the back of your mind.