04

Yan Heng cleared out all the weeds in the cave, and then burned the corners carefully with fire branches, and sure enough, many insects came out of the fire. The so-called fire tree is a kind of tree that people here specially use to burn fire. This kind of tree can be burned without drying it after cutting it back. The burning time is very long. Yan Heng thinks this may be because the trunk is rich in oil. Well, this kind of tree is very common here, and Yan Heng used these trees for cooking along the way.

     It is still the rainy season, there is no dry wood to make a bed, Yan Heng is reluctant to spread the quilt on the ground, so Yan Heng cut some grass, dried it with a fire, and spread it on the ground, Yan Heng just fell asleep on the dry grass Fortunately, even if it is raining now, it is not cold.

     There has been much less rain than in the previous month. In another twenty days, the weather will clear up and the dry season will come. The stored food is also sufficient, so during this period of time, after building some necessary facilities, Yan Heng began to plan to train himself according to the training method of the army.

     Apart from training, what can be done is to tidy up the cave. Yan Heng leveled all the uneven surfaces in the cave. The walls of the cave are all hard rocks, which are quite hard, so there is no need to worry about the cave collapse. But Yan Heng didn't plan to live in the cave all the time, probably because he had been living in a house before, and he was still not used to living in a cave, so Yan Heng decided to start building a house in the dry season, and the cave was used to store food.

     When it was not raining, Yan Heng walked out of the cave. In order to avoid the lack of food in winter, Yan Heng decided to take advantage of the reduced rainfall and still see the sunshine. Yan Heng decided to plant the group of sweet potato seedlings on the plain outside the cave, so as to increase the For the production of sweet potatoes, there are not many sweet potato seedlings. After planting seedlings, there should be about four acres of land. The main purpose is to prevent the lack of food in winter. Even if there is no shortage, it can be used to improve life.

     The land on the plains is basically black and looks quite fertile.

     Every time Yan Heng went out, he had to pack his body tightly, because when Yan Heng went out before, a lurking snake suddenly attacked Yan Heng. Fortunately, Yan Heng was always vigilant about his surroundings, so he was able to hide. Therefore, Yan Heng now Be extra careful.

     Yan Heng cut the sweet potato vines into sections, and dug a hole with a bayonet at a short distance. It is impossible for Yan Heng to level a large piece of land with his current strength, so he can only plant it in this simple way. Yan Heng thought, Didn't the wild ones grow up under this condition? That shouldn't be too bad, right? Day after day like this, the rainy season is over.

     Now that the weather has finally cleared up, it's time to start building the house.

     However, now Yan Heng feels that he should first explore the nearby terrain. If there is clay here, he might be able to burn some tiles to cover the roof, and he can also burn some clay pots to hold things and make pots. . In the past, Yan Heng used a steel helmet as a pot.

     When you lift a gun, it is necessary to load it first, so as to ensure that you can shoot immediately when you encounter danger. Yan Heng pushed away the stones blocking the entrance of the cave, stretched his body and walked out. The thorn trees outside the cave are growing very well, and the newly planted ones are basically one meter high. A circle of 400 meters around the entire cave was enclosed. Cuttings of sweet potato vines have been revived.

     The thorn trees were about two meters high, and Yan Heng used an ax to carefully cut a path that could only be passed by one person. From now on, this will be his first layer of protective forest. There is a forest between the thorn forest and the cave. Yan Heng decided to find some fruit tree seedlings to plant, so that he would not have to go outside to pick them in the future. Therefore, every time Yan Heng went out and saw saplings, he would dig them out and put them in the space, and then plant them on the plain when he returned to the cave.