𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜. Whatever was coming for them, it would not stop. It was a giant monster with an ink filler for it's head, screeching its vocal cords off, that is, if it had some.

You were quite behind, since you weren't an exactly fast runner, but desperately tried to keep up.

"STONE..... WON'T... GIVE...!!! STONE..... IS..... MINE!!!!" The monster's booming voice shook the walls of the cave, almost making you trip.

"What even is that thing?! But... Didn't it mention a stone right now?!" Deuce panted, at the very front. You could barely hear him because of the loud screaming monster, and because you were so far behind.

Thankfully, Deuce noticed, and with his magic pen he made you float. You stumbled over the air, quite startled. He moved you over to where he was, and when he stopped the magic from working, he grabbed you and threw you over his shoulder.

You were embarrassed, because you were wearing a skirt. You wished and hoped Deuce had better things to do than gawk at you, like, for example.. not die running.

The other thing that made your cheeks go red was because of yourself. 'Oh no... Deuce, I'm so sorry for being a burden! I promise the next time we're in this situation, I'll sacrifice myself!' You looked determined, and scared at the same time.

Once you four made it out of the cave, the two boys panted, trying to catch their breath. Only then Ace noticed the position you were in. He quickly looked away and smacked Deuce's head. "Dumbass, you can let her go now!"

Deuce rubbed the back of his head and let you go. You were pretty shaken up, and you had to stretch your limbs and adjust to your surroundings.

Once you were all good, you noticed that the two boys were looking at you with bright red cheeks. You turned your head to the side, confused.

Your eyes then widened. 'Oh, right!! They did save back there!' you smiled wildly at them before jumping into their arms and hugging them.

You placed both of their heads on your shoulders and rubbed their backs in comfort and thankfulness. You chuckled and smiled even brighter.

Grim, who was a few steps away, looked in annoyance and huffed out. You let go of the boys and pat their heads, ruffling their hair. You chuckled softly, and went over to hug Grim.

You four managed to get the magic stone, albeit barely. After you escaped the mine and finally got back into the college, you couldn't think of anything better than some tea and the leftover sweets from Trey. You had Grim asleep in your arms, and Ace with Deuce were walking like robots. You weren't surprised, if anything, you could sympathize. You were getting rather tired as well. You thought of inviting Ace and Deuce as well, but then decided against it. 'It'd be best for them to just take a nap. Then I'll go bake them the cookies!' you smiled at your idea and scratched behind Grim's ears. He purred and continued sleeping.

By now, you were in front of the Headmaster's office. You gulped down, the magic stone in your jacket's pocket. You knocked, and a 'Come in.' was heard from the other side. You four walked in. "Wait, you four actually went to the Dwarf's mine?! I've already started signing the expulsion papers! Ahem- But no matter that, if you've successfully retrieved the stone, you may reside in the dormitory and you two will not be expelled. But do excuse me, but I cannot contain myself. How did you retrieve the stone?" Crowley coughed awkwardly, quickly putting away four almost identical papers. Those were probably the expulsion papers.

Ace rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms before taking the spotlight. He explained how you all had to defeat the ghost and the strange ink monster. He also mentioned how you had to make Ace and Deuce work together.