𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕖'𝕤 𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕦𝕡 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕦𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕜𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖. 'I do not remember a female studying here.' he thought, looking through his memories to see who the female voice belonged to.

He then remembered the small human he met yesterday. He turned around, and much to his pleasure, it indeed was child of man, waving to him with a smile.

A warm feeling enveloped his body, but as soon as it came, the sooner it left. He thought nothing of it, and started walking towards your direction.

"I thought you've made it clear that you are unable to speak, child of man." The tall male said, turning his head to the side. You laughed slightly, and then grabbed his hand. You started speed walking toward your dorm, as the wind was picking up, and you could feel small droplets of rain fall on your cheeks.

The male was confused. 'Does child of man not realize who I am...? Are you not afraid? Why are you not running for your life at the sight of me, human?' He thought, but let you hold his clothed hand either way. He wouldn't admit it, but your hand somehow fit perfectly in his.

You then hurried Tsunotaro inside, closing the main door with a sigh of relief. Grim was still curled up around your neck, and you let him sleep some more.

"Why have you brought me here, child of man? I've been here many times by exploring. I've taken quite a liking to abondoned places, this one included, but I suppose it's not... abondoned anymore." His tone suggested that he was quite sad at you living inside the house. You felt bad, and your face showed so, because Tsunotaro started speaking again.

"Though, I suppose it can't be helped. For a little human such as yourself, I shall let you continue to reside in this establishment." Tsunotaro's gaze softened when he looked back at you, albeit barely.

You then led him to the lounge area/living room. You sat him down on the clean sofa and ran back to the main hallway for your bag. You dropped it off there when you were closing the door. You rummaged through your bag, and thankfully you found Tsunotaro's pack of cookies, and then went back.

You offered it to him with a smile, waiting for his reaction.

Malleus was shocked. 'This small human... Is offering me gifts? Does she truly not know the meaning of why I'm always alone...?' A million different thoughts ran through his head, but one was sticking out. He agreed with it.

"I will protect you, Child of man."

He didn't quite realize he said it out loud until he noticed your confused, scrunched up face. Your whole face was just (?).

"Do not fret, I mean what I said. It truly seems you do not know who I am, and I'd like to keep it that way. You can continue calling me by that... peculiar nickname." Tsunotaro said, smiling slightly at you when you sat down next to him.

You noticed that his clothes were quite wet from the rain, so you took out your handy textbook, which you named Notie.

You started writing, and then passed the note to your new friend. He grabbed it and scanned the ripped page with his green eyes.

'I don't know what you mean by 'protecting me', but I'm okay with it! Anywho, I noticed your clothes are wet from the rain outside, would you like me to hang them up to dry? I'll go get you some blankets and hot cocoa. The wind is really picking up, so feel free to stay for a sleepover. Anyway, thanks for letting me call you Tsunotaro. Even if I don't speak that much.'

The male smiled unconsciously at the sweet text. Even though he could've dried up both yours and his clothes in a heartbeat, he chose not to. He didn't want to scare his child of man.