𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕗𝕖𝕨 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕗𝕖𝕝𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕦𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝. You sighed out into the air, walking in the direction to your next class; Alchemy. You didn't mind the subject, but Grim and your two friends caused trouble wherever they went, and you were the one who had to clean up the mess they've made.

Saying you were tired was more than an understatement.

You walked into the massive wooden door, scrunching up your nose as you smelt all the chemicals. You flattened your lab coats' collar, and walked straight to one of the cauldrons. You sat down, and waited for the bell to ring. Grim was taking an astronomy class, if memory serves.

You sneezed, covering your mouth, and feeling quite flustered that you sneezed so loudly and in front of everyone.

"Bless you!" A loud, sharp voice rang out from next to you. You looked at your new seatmate and widened your eyes. 'When did he get here?' You thought, but waved at him sheepishly nonetheless.

"Human, I will be your partner today! Proffesor Crewel has handed out assignment, and I've chosen you for help, s-so you better be grateful. Is... Is that okay with you?" His voice got quieter and quieter the more he spoke. He looked at you, an unknown emotion swirling in his electric green eyes.

You've taken out Notie, and passed him the note.

'Gosh, I can't thank you enough for being my partner! I'm (Name), and I'm a first year in 1.A. It's super nice to meet you! What's your name?' You looked at him with a slightly tired, but enthusiastic smile.

"U-Um... My name... My name?" The boy suddenly forgot everything he wanted to speak to you about.

The thing is, Sebek has been preparing for this moment, and yet he's acting like a fish out of water. Now that he's taken a closer look at you, he could understand just how... Precious you looked.

Those eyes that looked at him with such understanding and care, even though he has just met you, those lips that never spoke a word, yet ensured that he was welcome... He could understand why Malleus has taken a liking to you...

'Wait, what?! I'm not supposed to- Be like this! This is all your fault, stupid human!' He thought, blushing madly and mustering up a response.

"S-Sebek Zigvolt.."

If you were to tell Silver how his underclassmen was acting right now, he wouldn't have believed you. Sebek, that treasures Young Master above all else, stuttering in front of a human? Nonetheless, someone he just met? He would've paid front row seats to see that.

You nodded with a smile and wrote another note.

'So, Sebek, can you show me the assignments? The sooner we start, the sooner we can leave.' Sebek tried to shake the nervousness away, so he quickly passed the papers to you and pretended you didn't exist.

'Hm... So we need to take these tiny tree stumps and... Make them grow again? How are we supposed to do that...?' You frowned sadly at the complicated task. Sebek observed the paper with you, and stood up.

"Human! Follow me to the botanical gardens. We'll get the stumps there. Make sure not to fall behind!" He said as he was already almost out of the room. You blinked rapidly and jogged to match his pace. He was quick on his feet, that's for sure.

Sebek looked at you as you tried to match his pace, and so, he slowed down. Just a small, tiny bit, but it was enough to let you catch up. When you realized what happened, you smiled at him and bowed.

"Don't- thank me... Just... Hurry up! I always knew humans were utterly useless, but you've taken the throne." To deny how he wanted to befriend you, he was rude.