𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕟, 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕘𝕟𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕚𝕟 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟. You tried to brainstorm just what he wanted you to write about. He gave you an essay to write about one of Twisted Wonderland's first mages, and you made a mental note to visit the library later.

For now, you needed to meet up with Ace and Deuce and find Ruggie, fast. You were told to meet them both in front of his class, 2B, which was on the far opposite of where you ended. Both you and Grim quickened your pace, pushing through the crowd of students and trying to avoid any unnecessary bumping.

Grim, a few feet ahead of you, started shouting, "Hurry up, slow poke!! Ya are like... Six times as tall as me, and I'm still faster! The audacity of humans..." He grumbled out cockily, flashing you a smile and continuing running.

It wasn't a secret that you weren't the most athletic person. Even then, you tried to push yourself to keep up with Grim and without stop, jogged after him.

After a few endless minutes, you finally halted the moment you saw Ace's red spiky hair, sighing out happily and slowing down. You walked over to the two, Grim reaching them just before you did. You waved to them with a smile before reaching your hands up to your hair to fix your bow that was unfortunately ruffled by the running.

"Heya, (Name). Looking as cheerful as ever." Ace greeted, arms held up behind his head with a lazy smile. Deuce stood next to him, obviously nervous. "We're actually going to go against a sophomore..? But what if..." He mumbled mostly to himself, looking up. His eyes instantly softened and the nervousness seemingly disappeared.

He waved back at you and smiled.

"I almost started to think that you two were caught up with another one of Crowley's tasks." Deuce said, right as a certain blonde boy exited your targeted classroom.

Grim jumped up onto your shoulder, leaning into your ear to whisper, "That's him! That's him!" He chanted, as if he was a master detective at work. The duo noticed as well, and before Grim could think of a rude remark, Ace spoke up.

"Hey, uhh... Are you Ruggie Bucchi?" He asked, the boy only now taking notice of you four with his ears slightly twitching at the mention of his name. You found it quite adorable, and it reminded you of Leona. Come to think of it, you haven't seen him in the past few days.

The blonde boy walked over with a bored smile. "That'd be me. What do you four first years want from me?" He asked, placing one of his thin hands on his hips. You took notice to his slim body, and you couldn't help but worry about his health.

'I'll bake him something...' you thought, mentally taking a note to ask him for his favorite sweets.

"Well, you see... There have been these incidents at school lately... I'm sure you've noticed." Deuce took the stand, looking at Ruggie with a slightly nervous, but stern look. He was still shaken up from the fact that he had to interrogate an upperclassman.

"Hmm? Incidents? Ya missed me with that one, pal, shyehehe!" He laughed, obviously thinking he's got the high ground.

"A ton of students have been gettin' hurt, and everything's pointin' at you! Spit it out and come clean, I need to take part in the Magift tournament!" Grim ruined the calm mood instantly.

"Way to take shortcuts, Grim! You can't just up and say that!" Ace whisper-yelled.

"Me? Are you serious? Do you even know what you three babies are talking about?" Ruggie asked nonchalantly, setting his weigh down onto another foot.