𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥. The constant doubt and fear of leaving Riddle by himself at the nurse's office ate you up from the inside. Should you have stayed? Ensured he slept well? Made sure that he wouldn't get bad dreams of his memories? You mentally wanted to slap yourself for leaving him alone like that.

The next day you visited Riddle first thing in the morning. And by first thing, you mean before Grim woke up. The moment your eyes opened your guilt overtook your mind and you left the dorm in a hurry, leaving Grim to be alone for a few minutes. You wrote him a note, just in case. You made sure to pack Riddle his gift for 'bravery', as you called it, and tucked it into your bag. You threw your uniform on, even if it was Saturday.

The thing is, you didn't have much to wear besides the few uniforms you received. But, the uniform is comfy, so you didn't complain. Though you made a mental note to go clothes shopping as soon as you had enough money.

You shook your head, putting on a beige sweater that you found. It was surprisingly quite modern, and it fit you. Ironic, you just talk about not having enough clothes, yet you're putting on a brand new sweater.

Oh, well.

You slowed down your pace when you exited the dorm, just now realizing how utterly cold the mornings here are. You never noticed until now. You tucked the sweater deeper onto your body for maximum warmth. The sun shone despite the cold. You smiled at the sun, hoping it would bring Riddle up on his legs. You hoped he was alright.

You continued to walk on the pathway leading to the prestigious college, taking one last look at its majestic sculpture before walking in.

Wandering the almost endless hallways of the building, you looked for a particular door, smiling when you finally noticed it.

You knock, taking a step back and waiting for the answer. You looked around as you waited, buy you were met with silence. You knocked again, and no one answered. You gulped, nervous to trespass. You held the doorknob in your hand and twisted it.

To your surprise, the door opened with ease. The particular scent of a healing potion made its way to your nose, reminding you of yesterday. You peeked your head in and looked around. The beds were empty, except for a single one.

You rushed towards it, looking over at the sleeping Riddle to see if he was fine. You sighed out, glad that he was still breathing. Though, he still looked hurt.

You looked at him with a sad frown, sitting down on the chair next to the head of his bed. You sighed out and brought your hand up to his forehead.

You gently caressed it, playing with the few strands of his hair. Riddle stirred and furrowed his eyebrows. You saw a few small tears escape his eyes, and you scooped them up with your fingers, petting his head as carefully and softly as possible.

His eyes widened so suddenly, you retracted your hand in fear. He looked around frantically, scared. Riddle's eyes met yours, and without a second thought, he engulfed his body with yours.

He hugged you so tightly as if you'd disappear if he held any less. You were surprised, but hugged back.

"I- I thought I-! I thought I hurt you back there.. I thought you were gone! I thought I l-lost you!" He said in-between sobs, hiding his head into your shoulder and hair.

You two stayed like this for a while. Riddle had a nightmare where his overblot has... harmed you beyond repair, let's say. He thought that he'd lose you. He was so scared, he couldn't even remember his own name. Just goes to show how much he adores you.