𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕓𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥. You listened intensely to what the teacher had to say, and wrote notes about anything that seemed crucial; Names, dates, places...

You were doing what every responsible student should do; study. The same couldn't be said for Ace, however. He always leaned over and wrote you a quick note or drew a doodle on your textbook. You let him do it, just in case he got bored of it and started sleeping. You wouldn't want your friend getting in trouble, now would you?

After the lesson, you, Deuce, Ace and Grim could only look forward to after the next period; Lunch. But, in order to do that, you had to go through P.E. You thought that you could just relax through it, and you did. Since you couldn't use magic, and today's theme to practice was defence magic, you were tasked to write down the grade of students. The teacher was a rough-looking big muscly man in his late 30's, but he was nice enough to not let you die. He sure was ready to make the others go through hell, that's for sure.

You were going around the gym field, writing down the grades when the teacher said so. Grim got a C-, Ace got a B, and Deuce got an A-. You remembered the happy look on Deuce's face when Vargas told him his grade. He looked like a puppy. You pat his head as a congratulation. "Th-Thank you, (Name)! I'll keep doing my best! ...for you.." you couldn't quite hear what the last part was, so you tilted your head to the side. This caused Deuce to blush even more. "I d-didn't say anything..." You shrugged your shoulders and then waved goodbye, moving on to the other first-years.

"Ugh... That was such a drag. (Name), you're so lucky you can't use magic!" Ace sighed and walked next to you, Grim happily walking ahead of you towards the cafeteria.

"Uhh, Ace... You can't use it either? How did you-" Deuce started, walking on your other side.

"Company secret~" Ace smirked, and you chuckled. You then opened your handbag, which held your schedule. It was the end of the day..! Already! You erupted a big smile on your face, shoving the schedule to your friend's faces to show them how happy you were. Ace laughed and pat your head. "You've realized just now? How naive can you get?"

Deuce smiled at you, and pat your head too. "Yeah, I was looking forward to this part of the day as well." Deuce said, and by now you were nearing the cafeteria. Grim stopped walking and turned around towards you. "Henchman! Come pick me up!" You obliged, and held him in your arms.

"(Name), you're too nice. You're gonna get taken advantage of, ya know? Also, he didn't even say 'please'!" Ace whined and warned, glaring at the furball who was snickering at him. Deuce looked over at the two, and rubbed his temple. 'Ace, I'm telling you, if you want a hug just say it.'

The cafeteria was way more crowded than yesterday. It was filled to the brim with students, everyone shoving and pushing anyone who got in their way of satisfying their hunger. 'Ow! Someone stepped on my leg..' You winced, trying to not let Grim fall.

"Myah-hah! You should see the view from up here! Ooh, (Name), get me that vanilla pudding! Oh, oh, and that chicken curry as well! Oh and don't forget the tuna sandwich! Go-go-go, (Name), they're gonna sell out!!" Grim ordered you around. You were barely able to make it to the ordering counters, and you were already holding a tray filled with food, mostly for Grim.

You grabbed yourself a (F/F), and a bottled juice of your choice. By now, the cafeteria has calmed down a bit, enough for you to see the tables. You saw Ace and Deuce waving you over. 'Phew, I'm glad I found them! I thought that after separating in the crowd I'd never see them again.' you smiled at them and trotted over.