𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 36

𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚁𝚊𝚖𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚎. You walked in and sat down on the lounge, you sitting immensely close to Jack.

He was at first confused, but when you unclipped your first-aid kit from your belt, he understood.

"Hey, I don't need you to patch me up. 'S just a couple of scratches..." He said, ears twitching and cheeks reddening as you dripped rubbing alcohol on some cotton.

Knowing you wouldn't stop, he sighed heavily and decided to go over everything that's just happened, "Okay, so... It's safe to say that at least the majority of everyone with an anemone on their heads gambled on Azul's bet and lost... I mean, c'mon! This was a prime opportunity to show everyone what you could do, and you're throwing it away. You're cheating yourself, frankly."

"Hmm, if everyone was as diligent and responsible as you are... Maybe the school would've had a different reputation." Crowley appeared out of nowhere, standing next to your sofa with crossed arms and a neutral look.

You didn't even try to flinch, even though you did get scared, much too focused on placing cat bandaids on his hand. You looked to the side and bowed, out of respect.

After a prolonged talking session with the irresponsible headmage and figuring out that Azul was blackmailing him, you knew that the task to deal with it was on your shoulders. You sighed heavily, and you felt a slight ping in your chest when Crowley explained that he was so busy because of you.

He explained that in order to pay him back for your living expenses, you're supposed to stop these deals from being done. How, you may ask? I do not know. As long as you don't die, the Headmage won't notice.

After he left, you two sat in silence for a while. Jack looked at your defeated expression with the softest look he's ever given you, "Hey... I know it's not my place to say, but... I'll help you, okay? Just... Lean on me, alright?" He talked carefully, as if with a child, ensuring that you felt safe with him.

You looked up at him, diverting your attention to him with a small smile. His ears twitched once more, and he gently nudged your shoulder as some form of comfort.

"Right... Let's talk about this tomorrow. I'll met you in Alchemy and then we'll go to lunch together. Is that okay with you?" Jack asked, eyebrows surprisingly relaxed and not furrowed. You simply nodded.

This was all too much for you and you just wanted to take a break. Thank God that winter holidays are in two weeks.

After some more small chatter, Jack left. His schedule is busy, that's for sure. When your friend was gone, you stood up, putting your hands on your hips in pure disbelief. You exhaled slowly and then brushed your hands through your hair. 'I'm tired...'

You quickly slapped yourself, 'No, no, I can't think that... People have it way worse than me, so I should be grateful to be privileged enough not to be in poverty or... Without a family...' you thought, eyes stinging from the memory of your life back on Earth.

You slapped yourself again. 'No, I haven't cried since I got here, and I should keep it that way. Just look around, (Name), people have it so much worse...'

Before you could slap yourself further, you exhaled once more and exited your dorm. You sat down on the patio, happy that you were in the comfort of your gifted beige sweater. You let the breeze play with your hair, untangling the Fate from your messy hair. The tall duo just had to ruin your hairstyle.