𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 29

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕠𝕨𝕕 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕚𝕟 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥, 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕣 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤. The stadium started running.

The speakers started shouting, "Woah, what's this?! There is a whole stampede of visitors coming towards the Diasomnia players!" There were yells and cries for help, and you could only watch desperately, hoping nobody would get hurt.

Leona laughed, and Ruggie sighed out, "Man, that was like, crazy strong! Hope ya can escape that! Shyehehe!" Ruggie chuckled, taking deep breaths to regain his stamina. "Please calm down everyone!!!" The speaker couldn't do anything more than warn them.

A boy with silver hair shouted, "Get Malleus out of here! Protect your allies!" Sebek answered with a war cry of his own, "Do NOT let Master Malleus get hurt!" He said as he took out his magic pen in the shape of a sword. Leona put a hand on his hip with a victorious smile, "You're not planning on using magic against innocent civilians, huh?!"

Other Savanaclaw residents joined in to cheer. "We did it! Long live the king!" They celebrated, not noticing a certain group of students.

"I believe we've heard enough." With a cold tone, Riddle entered the conversation. The students along with Ruggie snapped their head towards the Housewarden of Heartslabyul. "You have tarnished a beloved tradition of our school. As a leader of a dorm that is based on rules, I can not let this slide. Off With Your Head!" Riddle shouted, swinging his red staff swiftly, collaring almost all of the students except for one.

"W-What about the Diasomnia students, huh?! Even if you caught us, they won't be able to compete!" A brave student spoke up, trying to remove the strong collar. "They are all safe and sound. Riddle has told us everything." A short boy with a deep voice appeared next to you. You looked at him. It was Lilia. He flashed you one of his reassuring smiles before continuing to talk. "The supposed 'students' you are referring to..." He got cut off by a cheerful voice.

"Yeah, those just happened to be copies of your good ol' Cater over here! Never knew my signature spell could come in handy." He chuckled, but the smile didn't meet his eyes. He was more than happy to see the Savanaclaw leader defeated.

Leona turned his head slowly towards you and your friends, bored. "It's over. It doesn't matter what we do anymore. We've lost." He said, flipping one of his braids nonchalantly. Ruggie snapped his head towards his boss. "Leona?! You can't be serious! We've gotten so close!" He said, desperately trying to reason with his upperclassmen.

"Don't you see? You were all so desperate to nab the chance of winning, so I threw you a bone. That's all there is. There's no reason to try and win. If that lizard is in top condition, we've failed." Dust and sand started to gather around Leona as he smiled darkly. "Even after all this work...! Haha, it's just like back then." He laughed, his magic pen releasing a quick sandstorm. You thought nothing of it, until Ruggie felt his throat drying up. He started coughing uncontrollably. "Ruggie?Are you alright?!" Deuce asked, looking over him with a worried expression.

You didn't waste any time to get to Ruggie, holding onto him in a protective stance. 'Even if I don't know how to fight... Even if I can't use magic... If Tsu wasn't lying, then please, let me protect him!' You thought, wrapping yourself around him.

Slowly but surely, the effects of the spell started disappearing. It seemed that anything close enough to you could protect itself from harm's way. Noting this mentally, you hugged him closer until his arm started to close up again. It would take a few moments for him to stop coughing and get better. "(N-Name)... W-Why are you protecting..." He stopped to cough, "...someone like me?" He asked, leaning into your warmth more.