𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 30

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖, 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟, 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕒. It was a cold and unwelcoming place, and you had to rub your shoulders to keep warm. You looked around, searching for the second born prince. Your eyes hit the brunette, and you didn't hesitate to start walking up to him. He was approximately a 100 meters away, so you quickened your pace.

As you were walking, you noticed that same blank, cold stare that Riddle had. Your eyes furrowed in worry, gulping down before continuing to jog over to your friend.

When you were a few steps behind him, he looked up at you. "Herbivore." He greeted quietly. You looked closer at his eyes; They had too much unshed tears. He looked so tired and defeated. You stood next to him with a soft and reassuring smile before the ink before you turned into a screen.

At first, it was a reflection of a small boy resembling Leona standing at the end of a hallway, overhearing what his attendants were talking about. Before the memory played out, the current Leona spoke, "Ever since I was born, there's been a boulder that's too heavy to move."

One of the attendants started talking, "Crown prince Falena is such a cheerful young man! I don't understand how his brother can be so gloomy all of the time."

The words seemingly struck the little Leona's heart.

Another attendant piped in after nodding, "And imagine having such scary power! Can you imagine being able to turn anything to sand?" She put on of her hands on her cheek dramatically.

The small Leona clutched onto his shirt before a few tears rolled out of his eyes. He let out a quiet sob before swiftly leaving the conversation.

Your body tensed up at seeing the small child being hurt. 'No! He doesn't deserve that!' You thought, watching the screen fade into another memory. The present Leona sighed out, "They said all that just because I was born second. I bet if I was the crown prince, they'd sing praises and judge my brother on how carefree he is." You looked at him sadly, letting talk and vent to you about everything that's been weighing his mind.

The screen looked over a prestigious room that was, unfortunately, not very well kept. A tall young man with lion ears looked at his younger brother, disappointed.

"Leona! Why weren't you at today's ceremony?" He asked his brother, who lazily raised an eyebrow, hands crossed over his shoulder, "That self-centered party where you show off your son? You mean where the second born prince loses what little chance he had to take the throne? No thanks. I fell asleep." He asked, pain evident in his tired eyes.

The king's face seemingly distorted into one of shock and anger at the same time, "Don't put it like that! The people need to know their future leader. You are wise, Leona. There is much you could do to this country if you at least tried." He asked, obviously worried for his little brother.

"Yeah, well, maybe if there was something in it for me, I'd actually use that wisdom." He spoke, venom lacing his voice. He started to walk away, his brother desperately trying to stop him, "Leona, wait!" The screen turned black before you could wait happened after.

You looked at Leona again. He was already looking at you with an extremely weak expression. He was in a vulnerable position, and you wanted to make sure he feels safe.

"No matter how much I study, no matter how strong the power I have gets... No one will ever understand that I'm better than my brother..." He muttered, turning his body to you and look down at the ground. His shoulders tensed up, you knew he was about to cry.

"Why did I have to be born second? Why will I never, ever be the best?" He looked at you, not even hiding the fact that his eyes got teary.

"Why do I have to spend the rest of my life feeling this way, just because I was born a few years later?" He asked you.