𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕕𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕟, 𝕗𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕡. You looked around, trying to remember where you were.

"Oh, (Name)! You scared your ol' Cay-Cay half to death!" A cheery, familiar voice rang in your ears, following by a bone-crushing hug.

"Huh?" You were able to let out as you realized you were sitting down in the rose garden. Everything looked destroyed. You then looked down at your lap.

It was Riddle.

The boy looked even more beat up than you were, and you were hurt a lot. You looked at him sadly. In the very least, you brought your hand up to his head and gently caressed his forehead. He was still unconscious, but breathing.

"Henchman!!! Y-You?! I thought I- I thought you'd-! N-Not return..!!" Grim shouted between uncontrollable sobs, jumping into your embrace. You chuckled softly and cuddled him back.

"You had us scared, you know. Ace and Deuce were just about ready to call 4 ambulances at once. Also... Your cat ate a rock...." Trey sighed, but smiled at you. He was glad that you were okay.

Ace and Deuce rushed over to you, carefully hugging you, to not wake Riddle, who was still napping comfortably on your lap.

You hugged the three of them with a big smile. After the three let go, you felt Riddle stir. You looked down at him, a heartfelt smile adorning your face. He blinked once, then twice, and then he fully opened his eyes. "W-What happened...?" He asked you, tears threatening to spill out any second. He raised his body up and looked around before he answered his own question. "Did... I do that?" He asked, looking up at his childhood friend.

"It wasn't exactly you, but... Yes. This is your doing. Don't worry though, we were able to get you back to your senses, and the Headmage evacuated everyone." Trey fixed his glasses and smiled at Riddle softly.

"I... Prefer honey in my tea rather than sugar. I don't care if the roses are red or if the tablecloths are white. I don't care if the flamingos are blue! I- I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Riddle sobbed, starting to cry again.

Immediately, you shuffled over to him, careful not to further damage your skinned knee. You sat next to him and pat his back while bringing him closer.

Ace sighed. "You know, I wished for Riddle to apologize, and now that he did... IT DOESN'T CUT ANYTHING HE'S DONE!" he shouted. Your eyes widened, 'Ace, no!' You thought.

"Ace, the guy has suffered enough. Give him some credit, man." Deuce said, furrowing his eyebrows at him. "No one's better at holding a grudge than Ace, that's for sure." Grim mumbled, climbing up to Deuce's shoulder.

"What can I do to apologize properly, t-then?" Riddle asked, holding onto your hand tightly.

Ace breathed in, proud that he won. "Make us a tart as compensation for the one you destroyed. No help included! If you do that, we're fair and square. Got it?" He said, looking at Riddle hopefully.

"Ace, we got help too-" Deuce was cut off by Ace kicking him. "Aw shucks, the Rose garden is totes not Magicammable anymore! We're ought to fix it." Cater said, looking at the destroyed debris and ripped out rose bushes.

"I can do that too. It's the least I can do after-" Riddle was cut off by his upperclassmen. "Absolutely not. You and (Name) go to the nurse's office, and we'll fix the garden in the meantime. I'll take over Heartslabyul during the time you rest." Trey said, shooing you two off, just as Crowley arrived.