Fooled

April Fools Special

-----

You gave your girlfriend Ruby a soft kiss on the forehead as you sat beside her.

You were both currently at Beacon academy, chilling on the bench.

It wasn't a date but a causal hangout. But Ruby had ulterior motives for you.

She got up from her seat and stood in front of you.

"I have something to tell you."

You assumed the worst and became scared. You decided to get ahead of it.

"You're not breaking up with me are you?"

Ruby was immediately taken aback.

"What? No!" She exclaimed. You exhaled in relief.

"I know it's April Fools, but I would never joke about that." 

You couldn't stop yourself from kissing her after that line.

"Anyways." She looked at you seriously.

"I'm pregnant."

You froze. And she pulled out a plastic stick as proof. It was a pregnancy test, and it showed that it was positive.

"B-But we used protection." You muttered in disbelief.

Ruby was nonchalant in her reply.

"They don't work all the time."

You dug into your pocket and took out a roll of condoms. You eyed one of them and started reading the text. 

"Wow, they should make the text bigger." You stated as you confirmed the fact.

You put the condoms away as you looked at Ruby. She kindly looked at you with a tender smile. Your heart started to melt as your legs grew weak. 

Ruby looked so beautiful. And knowing that she was pregnant with your child made you shake in excitement and fear.

You exhaled as you stood up and put your hands on Ruby's shoulders. There was only one clear thing to do.

"Ruby, I will take responsibility."

Ruby grinned and she hugged and kissed you. The kiss turned very deep as Ruby pushed against you.

After some time, you separated and Ruby giggled.

"Thank you." She stated. Her hand went down to grab your wrist.

"But the truth is-"

Before she could finish, you saw Blake walked by.  You called her name and waved to her, to Ruby's shock.

Blake walked over, curious.

"I'm going to be a father!" You proudly stated.

Blake blinked "W-What?"

She then looked at Ruby.

"Ruby, you're pregnant?"

Ruby flinched and started to fidget in nervousness. "Yeah..."

Her answer was shaky, but neither you nor Blake picked up on it.

Blake found your excitement of being a father to be romantic. She turned to you.

"You're taking responsibility?"

You nodded happily. "Of course!"

Ruby gripped your wrist, getting your attention for a moment as you turned to her.

"(y/n)..." She hoped to clear things up.

"Weiss!" You suddenly called out. 

You waved to Weiss who walked up.